Thread: HW99s, Which piston Seal

HW99s, Which piston Seal

Hi all, going to drop a TBT kit in my 99s, spring and all. While I'm doing that I thought I'd add new seals. I have tried to do some research about which to use and now my mind is so addled with colours, and parachutes, , Aussie etc. (there's a bit missing that mentioned another name for the UK seals)
    Any advice?

Please?

Toni
    Last edited by ToniD; 24-05-2024 at 11:58 AM. Reason: Word has been taken out, maybe advertising??
    Open Channel D

A lot of love for britseals piston seals at the moment. Been meaning to get one for my 99

Thank you.👍
    Open Channel D

From what I’ve read they are more efficient than the standard Oem seals enabling you to drop the preload/shorten the spring for a nicer firing cycle without sacrificing power.

My hw 97 has had new piston & breech seals from Britseals, very pleased with them.

Rick Astley for Prime Minister !

I thought I had read something about them not suiting 99's, but I'll give it a go.
    Thanks again guys
    Open Channel D

Vortek Piston seal

I have had great results with Vortek piston seals.

https://vortekproducts.com/collectio...n-breech-seals

I put a br1t seal in a hw99 and instantly got 10 shots within 5fps and it was a perfect fit I rate them.
    Last edited by mattyw1987; 25-05-2024 at 09:34 PM.

I have always been happy with the OEM seal and would continue to fit them, personally. When available, I'd also have gone for the V-Mach items.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

Thanks for all the suggestions guys.
    I know where to find britseals, the Vortek link led to the site that wanted to charge me £36 for postage. For OEM do I go to Chambers?

Toni
    Open Channel D

Quote Originally Posted by ToniD View Post
    I know where to find britseals, the Vortek link led to the site that wanted to charge me £36 for postage. For OEM do I go to Chambers?

Toni
    Yes chambers sell oem hw seals. Regards Max
    Plinkerer and Tinkerer

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration

Seal

Bryt Seals - Where do these come from? I haven't heard of them before. It sounds a bit late 90s, is Tony Blair involved? Mixed reviews on the interweb but I am sure it people being impatient and not running them in properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    Bryt Seals - Where do these come from? I haven't heard of them before. It sounds a bit late 90s, is Tony Blair involved? Mixed reviews on the interweb but I am sure it people being impatient and not running them in properly.

From other site bud, I’ve ran vortek and ozzy seals before and to me these pip both of them especially the oz seals.

Quote Originally Posted by ToniD View Post

Toni
    Quote Originally Posted by maximus View Post
    Yes chambers sell oem hw seals. Regards Max
    Plus I would guess that most gun shops that stock Weihrauch will stock them / can order in for you.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!