Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weihrauch Jubilee

Weihrauch Jubilee

I see these have just started hitting the shops but HW why have you put all the writing on the cylinder OH DEAR me. Mach 1.5

I prefer the looks of my HW97KT with its polished wooden stock, brass trigger guard and brass setback trigger to the 125 limited edition version, and my wife has a HW50 that she is happy with, so we won’t be buying either of them.

I think the Red Laminate 97K looks sweet. And I think the design of the thumbhole stock is much more appealing than their standard thumbhole stock, which I never really warmed up to.

Here's a Hull Cartridge video on YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdwSWDX8Zek

I would have a 97 and 99 if I could afford and had the space.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

Honest question.
    Are the companies not saving money making stocks out of what appears to be, essentially, plywood?
    No offence intended

Toni
    Open Channel D

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    There's not much pattern on those springer stocks, if these companies are trying to replace Walnut stocks with laminate, then at least try and make them more appealing, I know it all depends on the shape of the stock to reveal the laminated layers but the lack of any of the under colour showing through doesn't help those slab sides.
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Quote Originally Posted by ToniD View Post
    Honest question.
    Are the companies not saving money making stocks out of what appears to be, essentially, plywood?
    No offence intended

Toni
    I’m with you there I don’t understand why it cost more than a nice piece of walnut as to me there’s no comparison but I suppose everyone had their own tastes.

Given that a lot of Walnut stocks on most mid-range airguns don’t have a huge amount of figure and are fairly unexciting, I wouldn’t be surprised if the laminates cost the factory more. I generally prefer Walnut, but some laminates are quite eye-catching. Can’t stand Walnut with large ugly bits of black plastic for a forend.

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    There's not much pattern on those springer stocks, if these companies are trying to replace Walnut stocks with laminate, then at least try and make them more appealing...
    For the most part, I think they do. I've yet to see a gray, green, forest, or blue laminate Weihrauch without nice patterns. As far as the 125th anniversary laminates go, a little red goes a long way. Too much red = gaudy.

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulK62 View Post
    For the most part, I think they do. I've yet to see a gray, green, forest, or blue laminate Weihrauch without nice patterns. As far as the 125th anniversary laminates go, a little red goes a long way. Too much red = gaudy.
    I think it depends on the original shape of the stock, if it's fairly slab sided then the laminate isn't going to be exposed as much as a more rounded shape, I agree with you regarding the amount of red exposed, the PCP stock in the video had far to much red, the 97 stock looked like it had a couple of red go faster stripes on the forend, the rest of the side is a bit bland.
    Last edited by look no hands; 26-05-2024 at 12:21 PM.
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Quote Originally Posted by ToniD View Post
    Honest question.
    No offence intended

Toni
    They're probably being "green", good Walnut takes years & years to grow, has to then be seasoned & costs a fortune.,
    Laminate is 'engineered' so it's stronger & more stable, it can look quite nice, but it's made from faster growing & commercially grown wood,
    So even though it has to be manufactured it's probably more environmentally sustainable.

You will be seeing this on them soon
    Give me proper wood, and stamped block, everytime the new look dont do it for me im afraid
    And those blocks instead of the screw in back block ....More profit equals less quality ...Best get used to it

Blowing out my candle wont make yours Burn any Brighter

Segata is offline Has not one but two workbenches in his shed
    Just had a look and seem alright to me, I've no hope in hell affording one but in my working Days I'd have gone for one on the stock alone as got a thing for matching things with my car.
    Can't see all of it perhaps but writing looks about normal to me, it stands out but chances are most who are going for a SE are going to want it to as they'll likely be displayed more than shot.
    You'll Shoot your eye out Kid
    Currently looking for an SMK/BAM B4-4 Rear sight or help modifying current one.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrinja View Post
    You will be seeing this on them soon
    Give me proper wood, and stamped block, everytime the new look dont do it for me im afraid
    And those blocks instead of the screw in back block ....More profit equals less quality ...Best get used to it

China ?

Made in China!!! Mach 1.5