Thread: Boy shot

Boy shot

Sounds like a youth has shot a boy in the head with an air gun.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13452435/boy-shot-head-trying-retrieve-football-metal-pellet.html

I the boy fully recovers and the offender gets what he deserves.

Andy

Segata is offline Has not one but two workbenches in his shed
    While I'd take the police identifying it as an Air Rifle with a pinch of Salt it's going to be a messy one.
    While it in no way justifys the Lad being shot he did technically tresspass, he climbed over the fence without asking and while it is a new build estate they haven't said what its acctually like normally day to day other than the mothers statement, they can still be rough so someone could've thought they were defending themselves when they heard him come over the fence.

Not good by any means and will probably set Pearly clutchers off, best we can do is just prove we as a majority are responsible in our sport and misuse is a rarity.
    You'll Shoot your eye out Kid
    Currently looking for an SMK/BAM B4-4 Rear sight or help modifying current one.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    That's aweful, I hope the police deal with the shooter appropriately.
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

About 55 years ago, when I was at school, a pal of mine was "scrumping" apples. He was seen by a chap who berated him and set about him with his walking stick. Like a fool he hit back and spent 4 years in Borstal.

The guy with the air rifle was DEFINATELY in the wrong, but there are two sides to every story.
    Open Channel D

Well to quote his mother he has a 5p size hole in his head, that sounds more like a catapult than an airgun.

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    Well to quote his mother he has a 5p size hole in his head, that sounds more like a catapult than an airgun.
    Yes I've seen a few that's been shot with an airgun, Just a small clean hole, One lad got shot in the head, Just a clean hole , Not a drop of blood. He still has it in his head , Dr said its to risky to get it out, Another one shot had hole but thought no pellet, It worked its way to the surface about 2 years later, just had to break the skin.

That's why I said to take it with a pinch of salt, was one a little while back blaming airguns and it was one of those bloody Gel Blaster things, it's just an easy target to place blame on.
    The other thing is the Lads acctually climbed a fence to get where he was shot, if theres a roughness to that area thats not mentioned someone might have took him for a burglar especially if the lad looked older as that age I know I definately did and thought they were defending themselves.

To be fair, she said, "he's been LEFT with a hole to [sic] size of a 5p coin," and the article elaborated with how he "has been LEFT with a hole the size of a 5p coin in his skull," the implication being, it probably wasn't the pellet itself that made a hole that size. Most likely, it was the operation to remove the pellet.

Could also be fragmentation of the bone as they tend to get anything damaged cleaned up so it heals right, still unless they acctually show a photograph of what was used none of us could likely say for sure.