Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Supersport gas ram converion

Posted in error

Using falcon accuracy plus same as jumbo rs I believe. Spring guide I acquired was modern nylon type very snug fit,tried finding top hat but can't find one any suggestions please. Should there be a washer on the back of the guide and a slip washer in the piston.
    ripley ar5s
    aa ev2 Bushnell Elite 8-32x40
    castle ftc

I like to put slip washers in the piston.
    The original spring guide would have been steel and fitted into the back block without a washer.
    If you fit a washers behind the guide it may have its advantages.
    Repariere nicht, was nicht kaputtist.

You can buy an off-the-shelf top hat. I think Chambers probably sell them? Fit might be a lottery, though. A little bit too loose would be better than no top hat, though, in my eyes, as it will support the front of the spring better. I would fit a slip washer at both ends of the spring anyway to give that extra bearing surface and, in my eyes, reducing torque and wear.

The ideal solution would be a full spring, guide and top hat kit from Tinbum or Welsh Willy, including all the parts you need in one handy kit, with the guide and top hat individually made to match your spring properly. If you didn't want to go that far, maybe a reach-out to Tinbum for a top hat or to a member who has a lathe who could make one for you? Or someone might have one knocking around that would fit? I think there's a place that advertises on line (Eagle Vision, or similar?) that does them, too?

If the spring is a very loose fit in the piston, do consider a piston sleeve also.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!