Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: FWB Sport.177

Indeed, I had one for some years when they were £79.95 from Ramsbottoms...lol.
    Some might fail somewhere, sometimes..some won't.
    This one will never get the use that my old one did,
    it should last a while as it has hardly been used in the last 45yrs, probably been in a collection.
    With light use and good lube,it will outlive me I reckon.
    The TX's get most of the hammer.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" -- Benjamin Franklin

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by MrGreengrass View Post
    it should last a while as it has hardly been used in the last 45yrs, probably been in a collection.
    I think when they were designed the engineers never dreamed that maniacal FT shooters would be slamming 30,000 pellets a year through them, they were sporting rifles for gentlemen who wanted the best, but not to pay a match rifle price for it. For £80 they were definitely worth it, even though that was twice what a BSA Mercury cost, they were more than twice as good! A FWB 300S with its sophisticated sledge system and diopter sights was £235.
    Last edited by Hsing-ee; 25-05-2024 at 04:34 PM.

still have my 127,nothing has failed except the piston seal,still on the same spring and breech washerI think it was purchased in 1979 from sussex iirc.and am pretty sure it was a very similar price to the one you quoted.I sold it once to a friend then bought it back not working(piston seal),it's been in tractor cabs,left in the farm work shop but not abused.It's retired now,just gets shot occasionally and the metal oiled.I do wonder if I will end up having to replace the piston seal again but I think the replacement I used was supposed to last a lot longer than the original one.very nice quality air rifle but with open sights I do have to squash my cheek down on the comb a bit to get it to line up.

I think a good dab of high moly paste on the ball lockup should keep wear at bay.
    In the olden days ,it was a bit of 3 in 1 lol.
    A kind gent even donated an aluminium trigger to me..just in case.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" -- Benjamin Franklin

Fwb

Yes parts are getting a little then on the ground these days. Mach 1.5

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    I think a good dab of high moly paste on the ball lockup should keep wear at bay.
    In the olden days ,it was a bit of 3 in 1 lol.
    A kind gent even donated an aluminium trigger to me..just in case.
    Before the HW77 they ruled the roost at FT so got a hammering at practice. RustyBuzz who shot competitions with it and as part of the AirMasters tuning shop wrote a post on their experiences with working on the Sport, I’ll try and dig it up. Much is said about Venom but AirMasters were regarded just as well or better back in the day ..

Yes,that will be interesting.

Yes,that will be interesting.
    Richard Welham probably knows the most about the Feinwerkbau Sport as a U.K. FT rifle than anyone on the BBS. I can’t find the exact thread but these are interesting threads on the sport and some quite heated arguments too .,,

FWB Sport - part one
    I’m
    https://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread...-OLD-FWB-Sport

FWB Sport - part two

https://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread...he-ugly-Part-2

FWB Sport with a Rekord trigger fitted

https://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread...record-trigger
    Last edited by Hsing-ee; 25-05-2024 at 11:05 PM.

Fwb

Have to say a Airmaster FWB did shot better than a Venom FWB. Mach 1.5

I have a FWB Sport 177, how do I do to post pictures?

Andy

Do you have BSF B55's as well ..?

I've posted this pic of my mk1 and mk4 before but seems appropriate for this thread so ill do it again. The quality of the mk4 is obvious when you see it in the flesh. The trigger is excellent, really crisp. The looks are of course subjective but I do like it very much. I left my rear sight fitted as it doesn't get in the way and removed just leaves the angled ears that are so controversial looking superfluous.

https://i.imgur.com/7oMz6if.jpg
    Plinkerer and Tinkerer

The mk4 Sport, is probably the finest made springer I've ever come across.
    Build quality is second to none. The trigger is a vast improvement over the earlier Sports and totally different.

Only available in .177 and never officially imported into the UK, due to price. To import them here privately, they came as 7.5j.
    There is an old thread on here, capturing known owners, of which there are very few.

I've owned 2. One of which I had the pleasure of working on to bring up to sub12
    I also had the pleasure of working on one for a friend again to bring that up to sub12.

Odd aesthetics, in many degrees, but one of the sweetest handling rifles that I've ever experienced.
    At sub12, they have a very fast shot cycle, which doesn't make them feel like the 30mm pistoned rifles that they are.

Mainly aimed at the US market, where it pretty much bombed. In reality, FWB vastly under rated it's potential muzzle energy and did themselves no favours.
    B.A.S.C. member

Fwb mk4

As above. Mr Pope was impressed with the MK4. The only mod he made to mine was fit one of his springs to the the factory guide to bring it up to 11.5 ft lbs. Mach 1.5

Do you have BSF B55's as well ..?
    I have an S70 !