Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: When was the last time that AA or HW brought out a new springer

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Quote Originally Posted by Segata View Post
    Tbh most Guns made now, be it Air or firearm are usually evolved from some prior design, just fettled as refined as its just worked out to be the best method and as far as projectile type weapons go theres not really many new things to try as a hell of a lot has already been done.
    Except Diana. They are made badly in China by the lowest bidder
    My ignore list: ​<Hidden information>

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by Barryg View Post
    Do you think that a one-piece compression tube with a shorter TP would improve the TX/PS making it more efferent or make less desirable over the world, plus an improved lever set up for the PS. and would everyone go off the 77/97 if it had a silent ABT.
    The PS underlever is a work of art and is very clever in design.
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Barryg is offline Registered ̶D̶i̶a̶n̶a̶ User
    Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    Minor niggles aside, I think we should all take a deep breath and thank the imaginary friend of our choice that we don’t have to settle for some old crap such as a Diana
    Yes, best stick with the old narrative and don't think too much

Except Diana. They are made badly in China by the lowest bidder
    Are you saying that all Diana's are now made in China and none are made in Germany? perhaps it is you who has had a drink LOL come on admit it

I see it as between aa and hw they more or less have already perfected them years ago I mean Chinese and Turkish companies and other European companies seem to pump new rifles out every couple of months and none can hold a candle to anything hw or aa have made in any way.

Most still can’t even seem to put a stock on them that’s suitable for a scope on scope only rifles lol.

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Quote Originally Posted by Barryg View Post
    Are you saying that all Diana's are now made in China and none are made in Germany? perhaps it is you who has had a drink LOL come on admit it
    Some are. They’re all sh1t and none are worth a (who knew that was a forbidden word?) masturbation for the uk market
    My ignore list: ​<Hidden information>

Some are. They’re all sh1t and none are worth a (who knew that was a forbidden word?) masturbation for the uk market
    Don't tell me I know the 460 is the worst gun ever made if only we could proove it

Segata is offline Has not one but two workbenches in his shed
    Some will always be made to a cost, not a good cost sometimes, but it's still all based on something before rather than a fresh turd.
    Engines are a bugger for it too, they'll say this is the new super duper thing, then you get into it's archetecture and it's still something from the 60s underneath as theres no real new way to go with it or atleast thats worth the eventual return that the cost of design and testing entails.
    Those new models are likely not new either, it's quite probable the change is cosmetic over a performance change unless some tech from the big boys has gotten cheaper so cost can justify it and then still its somebody elses design that came before.

Shiny new never bothers me, to much of a peasent these days to justify the expense and too addicted to old tat to notice it anyway.
    You'll Shoot your eye out Kid
    Currently looking for an SMK/BAM B4-4 Rear sight or help modifying current one.

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    There's nothing wrong with the PS underlever, I have a very early one and it's still going strong, it was even owned by Alistair for a short while and I never heard him complain about it
    Awesome rifle I must have been mad to sell it back to you. It was an early one with the lower swept volume but lacking the holes in the stock for the rear two screws.

I hope you’re looking after it. Shot a twenty shot group at 50 yards with it could be covered by a ten pence piece.. still air a crappy scope and pellets from the tin.

Somehow convinced myself my 77K was as good. Well, it’s nicer to cock, that’s about it.

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    The last new HW springer was the 57 which is awful. They peaked with the 77 so I suggest they don’t make any new models as they’re only going to be rubbish.

we don’t have to settle for some old crap such as a Diana
    LOOKING FOR A BSA ULTRA IN .177 and .25

JerryD is offline Will only use cherry lipbalm
    The last "new" decent springer was the Walther LGU/LGV - and that was fitted with a nasty made-to-cost trigger.

The cost of developing a wholly new springer will be very high, which means the selling price will be equally high. Sure, talking about it to airgun enthusiasts who think nothing of £1k or more for a pcp and there will be lots of enthusiasm - look at the frequent "why won't AA make a break-barrel?" threads - but manufacturers need markets.

High-end springers like AA TX and PS, and even the Weihrauch HW 77/97 are seen by the more general and less informed airgun buyer as too pricy. They don't see the difference between a TX200 and an SMK underlever. That means decent springers = limited market.

Much more cost-effective to put the same body in a sexier dress....

Last edited by JerryD; 26-05-2024 at 06:20 AM. Reason: Can't spell....
    Jerry

Quote Originally Posted by JerryD View Post
    The last "new" decent springer was the Walther LGU/LGV - and that was fitted with a nasty made-to-cost trigger.

Wouldn’t it be great if AA or HW buy the rights to Walther and some of their machines. I believe they only need to sort out a new trigger unit. Surely this would cost much less than developing something new and untested?

flyingfish is online now I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    Most of the development for a new springer has been done
    For sub 12 a 99 sized break barrel with a one piece cocking lever so it doesn't eat itself and a Rekord, T06 or CD trigger.
    Pete

I wonder what an airgun fully designed by AI would be like