Thread: HW45 accuracy

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Obviously a tongue in cheek post there, Al.

The Tempest is / was indeed a fine little plinker. I have one and it's a keeper. Love its very compact nature and old school feel and simplicity.

Had a Scorpion many years ago. A big, big brute and handful of a powerful pistol. Fine trigger too.

But nothing comes close to the HW45. Amazing build quality. Sublime feel. Superb trigger. Fine accuracy once mastered. Something to admire and cherish. But they aren't cheap.
    I had one and I absolutely hated it. So you have this great big chunky springer built on the Webley pattern, a pattern which is supposed to be compact and be a trainer for regular firearms. But the 45 dwarfs a 1911. The 45 does have a fine trigger. It’s got a strong spring and a strong surge-bounce firing cycle so it has to be cradled as lightly as a BSF B55 with an Ox spring in it .. nothing like shooting a firearm. In order for normal mortals to shoot it accurately the power (and therefore range) needs to be reduced, thereby making a large expensive pistol unnecessary. It’s basically the same failed idea as the Mars automatic pistol, an oversized overpowered and unshootable white elephant. One of Robert Beeman’s ideas like the R1/HW80 where bigger is better. Sacrilege it might be but the world didn’t need the massive HW80, we needed something like the old HW85 or a higher spec 99 nothing to be gained by a huge rifle for the benefit of 5 or 3 fpe. All the ‘best’ 80 tunes have the compression chamber sleeved down. What’s that except a 85/95 with added weight? Waste of time. If you need an FAC airgun go PCP and do it properly with 30+ fpe, or rimfire.

HW makes a fine springer pistol, the HW70. Quiet, easy to cock, excellent trigger, inexpensive, accurate at 10m and suits all body types and ages.

Just my two cents.
    Last edited by Hsing-ee; 26-05-2024 at 10:53 AM.