Thread: Advice please..

Advice please..

A freind of mine has a AGT vulcan 2 in 22 format. He has been invited to a hiking weekend on private land. What sort of size Carbon tank would be a good one to carry in his backpack that would give him several fills of his vulcan if required?

Myself it would be the biggest I was comfortable with carrying, Not normally a big difference in price as you go up slightly in sizes.

Being invited hiking doesn't mean that he has permission to shoot on the land.
    beyond that, if he does have permission what is it permission to do ?
    Permission to try & shoot a bunny or 2 for supper is way different to a vermin control weekend.

"Being invited" suggests more than 1 person so usually the group would decide on what's needed & split essentials between them.

understand the rules first i had a mate fall fowl of the law last year on a hiking trip

Quote Originally Posted by madcarlos View Post
    Myself it would be the biggest I was comfortable with carrying, Not normally a big difference in price as you go up slightly in sizes.
    It's just a weekend with a bunny shoot now and then...He was invited by the owner of the land. Also they may take out a few woodys if they see any...

I wouldn't have thought he wood need that many shots.
    A 1L day bottle could be handy.
    Repariere nicht, was nicht kaputtist.

Segata is online now Has not one but two workbenches in his shed
    Worst case could probably carry a compact pump so if he does run out he's got a back up.
    You'll Shoot your eye out Kid
    Currently looking for an SMK/BAM B4-4 Rear sight or help modifying current one.

How many shots does a Vulcan normally give ?
    the odd bunny & the odd woody (in accordance with the GL of course) I wouldn't expect to take more than 20-30 shots, unless the place is over run.

Segata is online now Has not one but two workbenches in his shed
    Or he misses alot.
    You'll Shoot your eye out Kid
    Currently looking for an SMK/BAM B4-4 Rear sight or help modifying current one.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil54 View Post
    I wouldn't have thought he wood need that many shots.
    A 1L day bottle could be handy.
    Many thanks my friend he has been looking at a 1.5 ltr as they seem fairly light to carry...

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    How many shots does a Vulcan normally give ?
    the odd bunny & the odd woody (in accordance with the GL of course) I wouldn't expect to take more than 20-30 shots, unless the place is over run.
    I am not sure what the shot count is but knowing my friend they will probably be plinking at tin cans and other targets etc..

Quote Originally Posted by jonksy View Post
    I am not sure what the shot count is but knowing my friend they will probably be plinking at tin cans and other targets etc..
    Well that's the choice you have to make in these situations waste air playing or restrain yourself & only shoot what you need to shoot.