Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Barn find

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by Segata View Post
    Shed, perhaps you could have a look at the pics for AM if that'd work maybe? No good me looking as I'm still a novice, my restoration experiance is from other stuff.
    sure, if you want to email them to me (email in my profile)
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Thanks mate, I'll do that in the morning.

Pis sent, mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    HW barrels for hw80/85/80/90/95 go for around £70-£80 secondhand, so just buy one It won't depreciate either !

Sounds like the rest of the gun should be fine
    Yep, and if it's a 25mm one, all the better.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by Anothermiss View Post
    Pis sent, mate.
    I didn't send any pis.... I sent pics

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Yep, and if it's a 25mm one, all the better.
    Is that the internal dia of comp tube? I'll measure it.

Segata is online now Has not one but two workbenches in his shed
    Damn I was hoping for a nice bit of Apple pie and cream, never mind ay, hope you get the answers you need AM.
    You'll Shoot your eye out Kid
    Currently looking for an SMK/BAM B4-4 Rear sight or help modifying current one.

Hw80

I think TonyL was thinking it was a 77 hence he mentioned 25mm. 80's are 30mm piston unless you have a venom lazaglide which is then a 25mm piston. Mach 1.5

Quote Originally Posted by Mach 1.5 View Post
    I think TonyL was thinking it was a 77 hence he mentioned 25mm. 80's are 30mm piston unless you have a venom lazaglide which is then a 25mm piston. Mach 1.5
    When I've got it apart, it's all factory standard bits.im guessing it's the first time it's been opened.

well, it's not pretty...

I think that barrel is probably toast, but if the breach end cleans up fine, you can possibly chop a couple of (rusty) inches off the muzzle and save it... ?
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Thanks JB. However I don't have access a lathe. It's going to be a very rudimentary de rust and phosphoric coating of all salvageable parts. Machine work isn't something I can do.
    I'll try to smarten the stock. Strip/derust and bumslide all moving parts that require it. I do have a piston extension here from tinners. I'll get a guide and washer from him and just have to source a new barrel. Hopefully in 20 cal

Segata is online now Has not one but two workbenches in his shed
    As in make a Carbine I'm guessing? That would make a cool custom with the right stock.
    You'll Shoot your eye out Kid
    Currently looking for an SMK/BAM B4-4 Rear sight or help modifying current one.

Quote Originally Posted by Segata View Post
    As in make a Carbine I'm guessing? That would make a cool custom with the right stock.
    I need to weigh up if the barrel is good enough to shoot straight. No point paying a machinist to shorten it if is crap. It'll be cheaper to buy new, I'd guess.

before I had a lathe I choped barrels with a hacksaw, got them true by twizzling them with the muzzle held againt the side of a bench grinder spinning disc, and then crowned with a brass roundhead screw in a drill and some lapping compound. Took a bit longer, but the final accuracy result was perfectly good

Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    before I had a lathe I choped barrels with a hacksaw, got them true by twizzling them with the muzzle held againt the side of a bench grinder spinning disc, and then crowned with a brass roundhead screw in a drill and some lapping compound. Took a bit longer, but the final accuracy result was perfectly good
    I dont have a bench grinder 😂