Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Feinwerkbau Sport according to AI

The HW35 isn't awful, Nick. It's a wondrous creation and a product of happier bygone times when standards and quality stood for something; not like these plastic, false snowflake digital times. A true triumph of analogue engineering.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    Now ask why the HW35 is so bloody awful? I want to see if you can ask leading questions
    Open sidebar
    ChatGPT

Why is the Weihrauch HW35 air-rifle so bad? People like Pete and Nick really hate it with a passion.

ChatGPT
    The Weihrauch HW35 air-rifle has a reputation that elicits strong opinions, both positive and negative. While it has a loyal fan base that appreciates its craftsmanship and reliability, there are some specific criticisms that have led to negative opinions from individuals like Pete and Nick. Here are some common reasons why the HW35 might be disliked:

Weight and Size: The HW35 is known to be relatively heavy and bulky compared to other air rifles. This can make it less appealing for those who prefer a lighter, more maneuverable rifle, especially for activities like hunting where carrying the rifle for extended periods is necessary.

Recoil and Vibration: Some users have reported that the HW35 has more recoil and vibration than other air rifles in its class. This can affect accuracy and comfort during shooting, leading to a less pleasant shooting experience.

Power Output: The HW35 is often criticized for its power output, which is lower compared to other models in the same price range. For those seeking higher velocity and more impact, this can be a significant drawback.

Trigger Mechanism: While some users appreciate the adjustable Rekord trigger, others find it to be overly complicated or sensitive, requiring frequent adjustments to maintain optimal performance.

Design and Aesthetics: Preferences for design and aesthetics are highly subjective, and some may find the HW35's design outdated or less visually appealing compared to more modern air rifles.

Price-to-Performance Ratio: Critics often argue that there are better performing air rifles available at a similar or lower price point. This perception of poor value for money can lead to strong negative opinions.

Maintenance and Reliability: While many appreciate the HW35's durability, there are reports of maintenance issues, such as the need for frequent lubrication and potential wear on certain components over time.

It's important to note that many of these criticisms are subjective and based on individual preferences and experiences. The Weihrauch HW35 still maintains a dedicated following and is praised for its build quality and accuracy by many enthusiasts.

ChatGPT can make mistakes. Check important info.
    ChatGPT

There Nick. It’s a big heavy expensive inefficient minger. AI just says it more gently and with counter points for fairness. It still sounds like it got its information from a 1978 copy of Airgun World or the local pub bell target gun expert in a 70s working man’s club. In terms of Airgun knowledge the Artificial part is similar to artificial flowers ie crap.
    Last edited by Hsing-ee; 26-05-2024 at 09:59 PM.

I bought new breech seal from Chambers and it was like a fat donut...wrong size.
    That stopped the lockup working properly as did the one it came fitted with.
    Measured for the right size ,proper clunk click and well solid.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" -- Benjamin Franklin

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    The HW35 isn't awful, Nick. It's a wondrous creation and a product of happier bygone times when standards and quality stood for something; not like these plastic, false snowflake digital times. A true triumph of analogue engineering.
    I’m very excited as I’ve sourced a new old stock walnut Export stock for my bitza 35. I have high hopes for it. It may be my ultimate springer.

If not it’s going to be my standard open sights springer. The peeps are staying on the 77K.

Quote Originally Posted by MrGreengrass View Post
    I bought new breech seal from Chambers and it was like a fat donut...wrong size.
    Maccari in the USA makes good FWB sport parts. Usually get to the U.K. in a week. Feinwerkbau with added freedom.

Quote Originally Posted by MrGreengrass View Post
    Like the one they sent me for my Mercury S, then? They obviously have their own made for some guns and they aren't quite right. Normal service was resumed once I obtained a "definitely" genuine BSA item.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    I’m very excited as I’ve sourced a new old stock walnut Export stock for my bitza 35. I have high hopes for it. It may be my ultimate springer.

If not it’s going to be my standard open sights springer. The peeps are staying on the 77K.
    The Export and Luxus versions are missing from my menagerie.....must make amends.

Now ask why the HW35 is so bloody awful? I want to see if you can ask leading questions
    Spookily enough, Nick, I was watching some stuff on YouTube earlier and I watched your video on your peep-sighted, 6ft.lbs, short-stroke bell target rifle. Very nice. And you appeared well smitten.

tinbum is online now Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    More AI twaddle
    My ignore list: ​<Hidden information>

tinbum is online now Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Spookily enough, Nick, I was watching some stuff on YouTube earlier and I watched your video on your peep-sighted, 6ft.lbs, short-stroke bell target rifle. Very nice. And you appeared well smitten.
    I sold that to an ex airgun world writer, later that day iirc
    My ignore list: ​<Hidden information>

Barryg is offline Registered ̶D̶i̶a̶n̶a̶ User
    Me too. Hate it with a passion. It's also one of the reasons why I'm leaving my current job and starting a new one at the weekend.......Far too much reliance on IT, the Internet and AI creeping in. And loads of false, plastic toss pot nancy boys wielding their laptop bags. I detest how so many facets of our lives are controlled etc by the Internet and feel like it's a very dark rod we're heading down. AI could be stopped in its tracks but they won't do it as a select few will earn their fortunes from it whilst destroying humankind's future.
    Well done Tony for finding a job that doesn't rely on IT

It used to be every year it got more powerful now it seems to be expanding so fast what isn't computerised these days and those who don't use them are finding it harder and harder
    I find technology useful but I don't like having to rely on it.

More AI twaddle

Haha!

I sold that to an ex airgun world writer, later that day iirc
    It wasn't Rod Lynton was it, Nick?

Quote Originally Posted by Barryg View Post
    Well done Tony for finding a job that doesn't rely on IT

It used to be every year it got more powerful now it seems to be expanding so fast what isn't computerised these days and those who don't use them are finding it harder and harder
    I find technology useful but I don't like having to rely on it.
    Thanks, Barry. Those mix-ups in recent times with air traffic control debacles and border controls just demonstrate how too-heavily-dependant we're getting on poxy computerised systems and then not having enough people or proper back-up systems to do the job when it all goes wrong.

At my current workplace you have to do everything on computers. When they crash, or go on a go-slow (which they do regularly!), the poor old customer's sat there bored out of his brains getting more and more frustrated.

My new place will rely on computers, but not in customer facing roles. Just for ordering / checking stock, so Dinosaur Tone won't be getting would up with computers all the time and wanting to kill them.

One glaring mistake ChatGPT made regarding the FWB Sport: "The rifle’s fixed barrel system further enhances its accuracy...." Apparently it got confused with data based on FWB's match guns. It probably also merged info on the latest iteration of the Sport.

While a more refined question about the Feinwerkbau Sport 124 and 127 might have yielded slightly different results, it would undoubtedly still end up sounding like banal marketing hype.