Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
I know they’re out-dated but the epitome of an exciting and beautiful motorcycle is the Ducati Pantah 600. I also love the looks of the Moto Guzzi Le Mans Mk I and some of the Laverdas and the early Moto Moroni 3 1/2s.

If I wasn’t too timid to get back in two wheels I think one of the slightly sportier Guzzis would be great. A middle age bloke just needs a comfortable bit of tourque and 60 bhp or whatever to safely trundle round at the speed limits and chase Astras down country lanes. No need for a hog in the U.K.
Your tastes most certainly align with mine then, sir. I was a huge fan of those bikes you mention back in the day. The little Guzzi V50 Monza was a jewel. My favourite at the time was the Montjuic. I still think some of the prettiest bikes made were the Pantah based TT FII machines. And the slightly later 750 F1 and Santamonica etc.

Love my 900SS; not sure if I'll ever put it back on the road, though.....

One of the later Guzzis would be a nice, mellow road bike. But back up by the Piaggio Group isn't the best. How about a lovely Ducati Monster. The earlier the better, in my opinion.....lovely two valves per cylinder air cooled character and simplicity making awesome sounds and with amazing handling.

And...oh yes, followed an air cooled RD250 for part of my drive to work yesterday.....it sounded and smelled BEAUTIFUL.