Thread: Factory Reset for Rekord

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration

Factory Reset for Rekord

What are the standard adjustments on these from the factory I know I should google and YouTube but I’m lazy. Got a trigger seems to have very little second stage and I don’t like it. Fix it me hive mind.

I'm not sure what the actual "setting" should be Al, but firstly, make sure that the mechanism is clean and not gunged up with old, sticky grease. Then (obviously we have the unit out of the gun) cock the sear and take up the first stage. Look through the little window where you'll see the sear surfaces interacting. Some wanting a very, very light release will have it set so there's just a knife edge contact there. Using the adjuster at the front of the unit, screw counter-clockwise to increase engagement. Too much engagement will eventually introduce a small amount of creep to the party. Trigger weight adjustment on the big screw behind the trigger - screw in to increase pull weight. Hope this helps.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    That’s plenty to be going on with. I really should bite the bullet and learn how to strip polish and reassemble them. Anyway just a safe trigger will do me for the moment which means engagement and a bit of weight ..

Personally, I've never felt the need to strip and polish etc., Al.

For me, just degreasing, a light oiling with lightweight oil and proper adjustment is all I've ever felt necessary.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Personally, I've never felt the need to strip and polish etc., Al.

For me, just degreasing, a light oiling with lightweight oil and proper adjustment is all I've ever felt necessary.
    Is what I want to hear. Go into politics!

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    Is what I want to hear. Go into politics!

Never.

That’s plenty to be going on with. I really should bite the bullet and learn how to strip polish and reassemble them. Anyway just a safe trigger will do me for the moment which means engagement and a bit of weight ..
    A strip and polish properly set up and lightly oiled is like night and day Dude
    Try it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFAgEQEPTsM&t=8s
    Blowing out my candle wont make yours Burn any Brighter

Quote Originally Posted by Scrinja View Post
    Try it

Absolutely true
    Custom BSA S10 .22 PAX Phoenix Mk 2 .22 Custom Titan Manitou .22 (JB BP) HW77 .22 FWB Sport Mk1 .22 Sharp Ace .22 Crossman 600 .22 Berretta 92 .20 Desert Eagle .177

Quote Originally Posted by Scrinja View Post
    Try it

That was very simple & helpful, cheers, here's the same chap setting the adjustments.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wckit2cRc24
    Rick Astley for Prime Minister !

barrel is offline Work is the refuge of people who have nothing better to do
    How light can you go with a Rekord in ounces, anyone know?.

kindest regards

Barrel
    IF I WALKED ON WATER PEOPLE WOULD SAY I COULD NOT SWIM !

First off, remove the unit from the rifle, saves a lot of guesswork.

I'd start with removing the trigger weight screw (behind the blade) and dropping out the little coil spring, if it looks and acts like a spring all well and good, you can put it back. If it looks knackered it will be playing havoc with the feel of the trigger and needs replacing.

When you put it back in don't put pressure on it immediately. set the trigger on it's 'back' so the slack trigger blade drops back in the direction you'd normally pull it. Then screw the weight screw in until the blade moves up against its stop. Give it another half turn and you are in the ballpark for pull weight.

Next cock the trigger and pull the blade through the first stage, looking through the little window in the side you can see the bottom and middle sear interaction. The closer they are to being tip to tip the finer the second stage let off will be, the more overlap, the more creep before let off. you can adjust this with the small screw set in the end of the first sear that you see ahead of the trigger blade. Winding it in will reduce the engagement to the point of the trigger releasing while you pull through the first stage, you don't want to go that far.

If there's any one thing to clean up and polish on the Rekord, it's the surface of the first sear where the trigger blade interacts with it. You really need to have it out to do that, and if you are going to do that, you may as well strip and clean the whole thing, they can be a little fiddly, but certainly not difficult. You may well find the trigger rollers have marked this surface, so again, pull it out and clean it up.

You can do a reasonable job of cleaning them out by blasting them through with carb cleaner or similar, but you won't get everything and you will remove lube as well as gunk.

When happy, pop it back in the rifle and see how it feels, the pull weight will probably be marginally higher once the mechanism is under load. Use the rear

Lube-wise, a light oil will do most things, though I'd tend to use a light grease where the blade and sear run together.

If you don't fancy it, or get stuck, I've got a small pile of sorted trigger units. More than happy to do a swap as I get some sort of perverse pleasure from sorting these things out.
    Wanted - Venom Mach 1/2 Trigger

Quote Originally Posted by barrel View Post
    How light can you go with a Rekord in ounces, anyone know?.

kindest regards

Barrel
    Just run some of mine through the gauge, set up as described above they are breaking between 4.6 and 4.8oz. You can drop that further by moving the blade forward to increase the mechanical advantage of the trigger blade.
    Wanted - Venom Mach 1/2 Trigger