Thread: Umarex Glock 17 CO2 leak

Umarex Glock 17 CO2 leak

Hi peeps,

A young lad who has recently started at our place has one of these that was gifted to him. The "magazine" houses the CO2 capsule. It leaks upon inserting the CO2 and I guess it's the seal that needs replacing.

But before he tries that, might a drop of Pellgun Oil on the neck of a capsule help and maybe save the seal? Or have we gone past that point? The Pellgun Oil can be the miracle fix for many CO2 and pump-up ailments........

Looking on YouTube, it looks like you maybe can't just buy a seal? You buy a (approx £15) valve with seal and it's a left hand thread on the valve if he has to renew?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

You can try pellgun oil and dry fire a capsule thru it, may work, otherwise a new co2 seal it would seem

Cheers. That was my thinking. Is the modus operandi for seal replacement as I described?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Cheers. That was my thinking. Is the modus operandi for seal replacement as I described?
    A few drops of Pelgun oil directly onto the seal on the magazine and left turned upside down for an hour or two can on occasion fix this issue, but more often than not in my experience the seal needs a replacement. Usually due to a previous owner leaving a CO2 capsule in the magazine for an extended period permanently altering the shape.

You can get green Umarex CO2 seals off POPULAR AUCTION SITE for about £7 delivered and if you have the right tools are a pretty easy swap out. PM me if you need any further advice/help with this as I've done a fair few

Quote Originally Posted by doyle83 View Post
    A few drops of Pelgun oil directly onto the seal on the magazine and left turned upside down for an hour or two can on occasion fix this issue, but more often than not in my experience the seal needs a replacement. Usually due to a previous owner leaving a CO2 capsule in the magazine for an extended period permanently altering the shape.

You can get green Umarex CO2 seals off POPULAR AUCTION SITE for about £7 delivered and if you have the right tools are a pretty easy swap out. PM me if you need any further advice/help with this as I've done a fair few
    Excellent; thank you. I've now switched jobs and don't work with him any longer but will be keeping in touch. I did tell him to get some Pellgun Oil bought and we'd be trying that first for him, but I bet he hasn't done so yet. Will chase him up.