Thread: Pellet Advice

Pellet Advice

Hi,

I have just purchased a .22 FX DRS. Does anyone have any recommendations for wadcutter pellets for this rifle?

Many thanks in advance,

Alistair

Segata is offline Has not one but two workbenches in his shed
    Still need to properly test out the Crossman Premiers but I've been getting good results from RWS Superfields in my BSA, I would say however each Rifle is different (even if its the exact same brand and model) so it'll pay to maybe try a few different options to see what your Rifle responds best to.
    You'll Shoot your eye out Kid
    Currently looking for an SMK/BAM B4-4 Rear sight or help modifying current one.

Not knowing much about the gun, apart from reading a magazine article raving about ST barrels a while back, had a Google;

PRODUCT DESCRIPTION
    The new FX Airguns Superior Smooth Twist X Barrel Liner. Produced in the FX patented way; by pressing the rifling into the barrel from the outside. But now with a higher level of precision, lower tolerances and other tweaks, resulting in a superior liner. There are two types of liners being released for most calibres; a standard Superior STX Liner and a Superior STX Heavy Liner. The standard FX Superior STX Liner can shoot a standard weight pellet and Hybrid Slugs, maximising the accuracy of the FX Hybrid Slug. The FX Superior STX Heavy Liner will be replacing the STX Slug A liners in the coming months. Heavy denotes that this liner has a different twist rate better suited for heavier pellets and heavier slugs (as opposed to lighter weight Hybrid Slugs).

Superior
    Standard Liner used on all production models and barrel kits. Created to shoot standard weight pellets and Hybrid Slugs. Also Maximises the accuracy of the FX Hybrid Slug. Lighter Weight slugs from some manufacturers may aklso shoot well.

Superior Heavy
    Only sold as separate accessory (not as barrel kit). Has a different twist rate better suited for heavier pellets and heavier slugs (as oppposed to lighter Hybrid Slugs and some manufacturers lightweight slugs
    Webley Mk3 x2, Falcon & Junior rifles, HW35x2, AirSporter x2, Gold Star, Meteors x2, Diana 25. SMK B19, Webley Senior, Premier, Hurricane x 2, Tempest, Dan Wesson 8", Crosman 3576, Legends PO8.

Wadcutters arent ideally suited to a magazine gun, the slightest misalignment and you'll have damaged pellets (flyers ) at best or jams, based on what I've seen occur at my local range

Hello Alistair,get a selection and have a nice day of testing.I recently got some RWS pellets to try out and have had good results with them.

as above try different pellets

I have no experience of this rifle and no knowledge to input re using wadcutters with a magazine rifle, but would be trying pellets from the JSB, RWS and H&N stables. As many as you can.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

I have a FX Wildcat mk1 in .22 and it’s got the smooth twist barrel.
    I use Falcon accuracy plus or jsb jumbo RS, they are basically the same pellet.
    They are 13.4 grains and perform the best in my gun.
    Les..