Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How a ban can work .....

Murphy is offline Cooee! Chase me you naughty boys!
    Quote Originally Posted by airgun nut
    Bugger it. When they ban us I'm taking up knitting.

What diameter needles should I use .177 or .22?
    For when they ban the BBS

Here
    Master Debater

Bugger it. When they ban us I'm taking up knitting.

What diameter needles should I use .177 or .22?
    Knitting should be banned too!!! I have still got this mental image of my old man running around my nan living room with a set of needles stucking out his leg and blood everywhere ... my nan use to store her knitting down the side of her chair!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonboy
    Knitting should be banned too!!! I have still got this mental image of my old man running around my nan living room with a set of needles stucking out his leg and blood everywhere ... my nan use to store her knitting down the side of her chair!
    This can work....... so all i need to do is abandon........sorry......strategically place, a settee on my shoot stuffed with knitting needles. Unsuspecting bunny hops up, bingo! Now all i need to do is work out how to attain 1" groups and head shots.......hmmmmmmmmm
    Old age is mandatory, growing up is optional.

Now all i need to do is work out how to attain 1" groups and head shots.......hmmmmmmmmm
    Bind several needles together with bluetak and leave a carrot nearby? Good luck mate!

just wondering how many in those statistics are in fact blank -firers , Brococks , or even Airsofts .
    As far as I can tell all these get lumped in as " Firearm " incidents .

Witness Abu Hamza,s recent deadly haul of £20 Gat type airpistols all over the tabloids .

Carl.
    " This , is MY safety "

Quote Originally Posted by PHOBUS
    just wondering how many in those statistics are in fact blank -firers , Brococks , or even Airsofts .
    As far as I can tell all these get lumped in as " Firearm " incidents .

Witness Abu Hamza,s recent deadly haul of £20 Gat type airpistols all over the tabloids .

Carl.
    I saw that on the news.
    He had 3 G10 pistols in the haul.
    Master Debater

you could try shooting said knitting needles from a cross bow
    QUARRY TEAM MEMBER 4 TIMES UKAHFT TEAM WINNERS .AA S400 GINB FT STOCK TASCO 2.5X10X42 AA TX200HC TASCO 2.5X10X42
    STAY SAFE AND HAPPY SHOOTING

hadaka-jimi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Murphy
    For when they ban the BBS

Here

I am sorry but there is a big safety issue there. Knitted psoduct associated with children pictured in front of a nice open fire.......

What are these idiots thinking of !!!

why a handgun ban wont work because it would just start a arms race and the blackmarket will sky rocket making it more easy for people to get a hold of them and people will begin to make hand guns themselves making it dangerous and more accidents occur of unproven desighns and a big downfall in the olympic shooting and finding new gold medalists , a total ban on guns would be abouslute ludicrous and cause world wide panic and a total mistrust of goverments and could even start civil wars and govtments overthrown or could even spark of ww3 ,lets not forget what happened in germany when hitler goverment started banning everything gun ownership ,rocketry,fredom of speech and sending kids of to war etc and sending people of to concentration camps. so lets enjoy our safe sport with proven and safe trained and made firearms . Disarmed Civilians = Genocide
    Last edited by jorg20057000; 11-02-2006 at 05:32 PM.

a total ban on guns would be abouslute ludicrous and cause world wide panic
    only if the tabloids said so....

and a total mistrust of goverments
    if there isn't already, there never will be (till it's too late)

There would never be a world wide ban on guns the governments earn way too much money on arms deals to ever stop.
    Master Debater

PHIL200 Guest
    seems this lot of labour w----s enjoy banning things its their favourite word and i am sick of hearing about em. ban labour thats wat i say they are more of a threat than all the guns in england

Blimey - a few posts before I looked again after starting the thread!

I was with our MP on Friday evening about enabling those who want to shoot in events on the continent being able to get EFPs and not run the risk of curious attentions from continental authorities. He remembered a meeting we had just after the handgun ban and mentioned the doubling of handgun crime. I went home and started looking, so yes, the idea about the ban having worked was a touch of sarcasm.

What no-one has picked up on though is the source of the figures - straight from the Gun Control Network! Irony or what?!

Keith

The message is BANS DO NOT WORK.

Other approaches have to be used where any ban is ever proposed again to do with shooting activities. I suspect fox hunting has now totally stopped, of course?

Keith