Thread: Inconsistent TXHC

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellequin View Post
    I wasn't seriously going to go in with "your work sucks". I'm a blunt Yorkshireman but do have a little diplomacy in me

I have tried different pellets & the results are similar, hence wondering if it might be iffy breech seals.

I'm sure most folk could guess who has done the work and he has a very good reputation, especially with the TX. I just want to make sure I've covered any potential simple fixes before I ask him to take a proper look.
    Get hold of the original tuner who did conversion .. I am sure they will sort out the issue . If it is who we think it is he's over on face ache pages get hold of him... reading some posts over there might shed some light on it for you..
    Cheers

Hellequin is offline I used to be indecisive.....
    Quote Originally Posted by prosport.177 View Post
    Get hold of the original tuner who did conversion .. I am sure they will sort out the issue . If it is who we think it is he's over on face ache pages get hold of him... reading some posts over there might shed some light on it for you..
    Cheers
    Ah good old BookFace... I'll have a look cheers
    Wyrd bið ful aræd

Edtwozeronine is offline I say dear boy, would you mind awfully doing as you're told?

Thumbs up

When I recently gave my TX200. 22 back to our clubs gunsmith (needed the safety replacing) he tested it out of due diligence and it's banging out 11.5 ft/lbs with Exacts, a pellet I don't personally use as a plinker.

My point being they can put out the power when they're running right.
    ***Proud Member of Castleton Air Rifle Club***

If it is a TL (he of FB fame) 22mm skirtless piston I have the same in my full length TX .177, and have found QYS to be the best

I tried all the different headsizes of JSB Exact, AA Diabolo, FTT, RWS, in the rifle as standard, when it had a TbT short stroke kit, and in its current state, and nothing even came close to the consistent FPS, grouping, and accuracy of the QYS Streamlined 8.48gr 4.50mm head

Mine is running around 10.5ft/lb, standard AA spring, no preload washers.... it did take three strip and rebuilds to get the stroke length correct but it is now almost recoilless, completely impervious to hold (although I still wouldn't clamp it in a rest like a PCP!), and single figure FPS variance

Give TL a call when you have enough time to absorb everything he will tell you.. the man likes to talk! My best guess with inconsistency like you describe would be breach seals, excessive amounts of grease/lube or a spring that it is out of shape, poorly dressed, or has been heated and squashed
    TX200 .177 21mm TL | TX200HC .22 22mm TL | Prosport .22 22mm TL
    HW40 | HW45 | Diana Mod5 | Webley Senior....... Because PCP is like kissing your sister (apparently)

Quote Originally Posted by clipper View Post
    If it is a TL (he of FB fame) 22mm skirtless piston I have the same in my full length TX .177, and have found QYS to be the best

I tried all the different headsizes of JSB Exact, AA Diabolo, FTT, RWS, in the rifle as standard, when it had a TbT short stroke kit, and in its current state, and nothing even came close to the consistent FPS, grouping, and accuracy of the QYS Streamlined 8.48gr 4.50mm head

Mine is running around 10.5ft/lb, standard AA spring, no preload washers.... it did take three strip and rebuilds to get the stroke length correct but it is now almost recoilless, completely impervious to hold (although I still wouldn't clamp it in a rest like a PCP!), and single figure FPS variance

Give TL a call when you have enough time to absorb everything he will tell you.. the man likes to talk! My best guess with inconsistency like you describe would be breach seals, excessive amounts of grease/lube or a spring that it is out of shape, poorly dressed, or has been heated and squashed
    Thanks clipper, I'm hopeful the breech seals will sort it. Yours sounds awesome & I'd be happy with 10.5 in this rifle, I might give some QYS a try too.
    Wyrd bið ful aræd

Breech seal, piston seal or both.
    Probably the easiest springer in the world to service.
    I have just done a new to me .22 HC.
    It was at 9ft lb.
    Took out an extended nose piston seal thingy...no likey.
    New , new breech o ring and kept the same spring in it, a bit of bumlube here and there.
    11.5 and very consistent.
    Just ordered a few more Britseals as spares as I have x4 TX and x2 Prosports.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" -- Benjamin Franklin

Update...

An update to this...

I've stripped the TX this morning. I've found two possible issues:

1. There was only one o-ring breech seal- isn't there supposed to be two fitted?

2. There's another o-ring which sits in a recess in front of the breech seals. It's wider so doesn't look the same. It looks chewed up/split.

I've added a link with images, arrow pointing to the chewed o-ring. Any advice appreciated.

https://ibb.co/album/5YbCFm
    Wyrd bið ful aræd