Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FWB Strip Down.

FWB Strip Down.

Could be very useful to 'Sport owners / new tinkerers.

https://www.pyramydair.com/blog/2022...ng-an-fwb-124/
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

FWB Strip Down.

Nice one tony, a reusable cable tie is essential when stripping them & rebuilding to prevent safety slide damage i remember.

Absolutely. "Back in the day" we would use an elastic band to perform said duty. But I was informed by Hsing-ee a few years ago that a "laggy band" was far too eighties and that these days a cable tie would be more apt.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

FWB Strip Down

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Absolutely. "Back in the day" we would use an elastic band to perform said duty. But I was informed by Hsing-ee a few years ago that a "laggy band" was far too eighties and that these days a cable tie would be more apt.
    If i could have afforded one back in the 80's i'd have probably used a laggy band too, had to sell my 124 to pay for a set of false teeth along with a lovely HW35e & my bsa 635 magnum in recent years but at least i had one for a few years.

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Would that be the same laggy band that keeps your hair in a pony tail Tone?
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

FWB Strip Down.

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    lol probably uses a silicone band like me thesedays we move with the times you know us old bikers.

Got to confess I do like a nice shooting sport…..

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by junglie View Post
    lol probably uses a silicone band like me thesedays we move with the times you know us old bikers.
    Wouldn't have a clue, chaps.......it's whatever the Mrs sticks in there!

Quote Originally Posted by Bluefan View Post
    As do I, Gav. I've tried some beautifully sorted ones at the Bash events and every time I try one I tell myself how much I need another. The exquisite styling, the lovely balance, the precision feeling of most of the components........but then I temper that with how I made mine redundant once the 80 came along back in the day........big, solid, chunky, dependable, so robust but with the finesse provided by the far superior trigger and the reassurance of the much more solid breech arrangement. The 'Sport soon got relegated to the back of the cabinet and eventually sold. Still might have to get another, though; one day.

Anyone remember that classic (to a starry eyed teenager back then) three-gun test in the first Airgun World Annual (I think) by our Rod of the FWB Sport vs HW35 vs BSF B55?

Cool

Anyone remember that classic (to a starry eyed teenager back then) three-gun test in the first Airgun World Annual (I think) by our Rod of the FWB Sport vs HW35 vs BSF B55?[/QUOTE]
    I remember the three gun test comprising the FWB Sport, HW 80 and Original 45

Quote Originally Posted by Bluefan View Post
    Oh yes......

Sport

I replaced the original spring with an AA Tx 200 spring.
    It now shoots even better.

Nice one, Ray.

The TX spring is fast becoming such a nice and worthy spring to employ in many rifles that don't sport huge cylinder bores. I remember yours shooting very nicely. Will I have shot it after you put the TX spring in or before?

Nice one, Ray.

The TX spring is fast becoming such a nice and worthy spring to employ in many rifles that don't sport huge cylinder bores. I remember yours shooting very nicely. Will I have shot it after you put the TX spring in or before?
    I put it in after you shot it .

It would be nice to be able to see you at a Bash again one day, Ray, and to be able to try this. Plus your many other lovely toys.......