Thread: 158gn 38 bullets

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I wouldn’t dream of buying 38 bullets. Home cast scrap lead then a teaspoon of lee alox lube per 500 or so stirred, not shaken, in a plastic zippy bag and dumped on a piece of greaseproof paper for a day. Job done, cost, nowt!
    [I]DesG
    Domani e troppo tardi

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Quote Originally Posted by DesG View Post
    I wouldn’t dream of buying 38 bullets. Home cast scrap lead then a teaspoon of lee alox lube per 500 or so stirred, not shaken, in a plastic zippy bag and dumped on a piece of greaseproof paper for a day. Job done, cost, nowt!
    Have you seen the price of bang buttons?! They've doubled since last time I bought a load!

I just worked out my bucks per bang, and it's gone up from 5c to nearly 10c, thats about 10p a shot.

That's inflation for you, the part of the cost of living crisis they try and brush under the carpet

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    Have you seen the price of bang buttons?! They've doubled since last time I bought a load!

I just worked out my bucks per bang, and it's gone up from 5c to nearly 10c, thats about 10p a shot.

That's inflation for you, the part of the cost of living crisis they try and brush under the carpet
    The last ones I bought were £30 / 1000. I got a few thou while the going was good. OK for a while now. I saw somewhere that all of our war stock mil ammo is heading out east to fuel some non war or other. That all has to be replaced. RG is very busy.
    [I]DesG
    Domani e troppo tardi

All this 'free lead' needs some electricity to melt and the cost of that is only going one way.
    Good deals with: Muskett, Dreben, roger.kerry, TALL, Helidave1, Chelseablue, Leeroy7031, Mousemann, pnuk, Practical, NEWFI, HOOGS, Webb22, lazybones1416 and deanw5262 among others. Thanks Guys.

Quote Originally Posted by sarge4318 View Post
    All this 'free lead' needs some electricity to melt and the cost of that is only going one way.
    This is true, but the lee pot has a 500 watt element so that is one kilowatt in two hours. I can cast quite a lot of bullets in two hours for the less than 50p.
    [I]DesG
    Domani e troppo tardi

Quote Originally Posted by sarge4318 View Post
    But surely this will affect bought bullets just as much as ho.e cast?

J
    Steyr LP10, AA S200 .177,
    Remmy Express .177, Sig Sauer P226- .177
    Crosman Rabbitstopper- .22, Chinese XS36-1- .22

Quote Originally Posted by Jehoolio View Post
    But surely this will affect bought bullets just as much as ho.e cast?

J
    This is already in the cost of bought bullets.
    Free bullets from scrap lead? Not quite, at the moment it is still a small cost but still not free.
    Good deals with: Muskett, Dreben, roger.kerry, TALL, Helidave1, Chelseablue, Leeroy7031, Mousemann, pnuk, Practical, NEWFI, HOOGS, Webb22, lazybones1416 and deanw5262 among others. Thanks Guys.