Thread: My Mercury Ratting Rig

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    nishijin is offline They dare not speak his name in hushed tones
    Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    To be perfectly honest, Jay, I haven't touched it since bluing, due to some unforeseen problems.
    After having a covid injection in late October which knocked me about a bit I suddenly realised that the sight had deteriorated in my right eye, so I took myself off to Hospital as I thought I had metal in it.
    It turned out that I have Cataracts in both eyes and a problem with the optic nerve in my right eye.

So I've put tinkering on hold for the time being, and my shooting may be finished permanently.

I have a piston on my bench to modify for a forum member and I'm not even confident enough in my eyesight to machine that just yet, but bear with me and I'll try to get back at it as soon as possible.

All the best Mick

Sorry to hear of your health issues. Jay's thread resurrection really piqued my interest as well.

Quote Originally Posted by nishijin View Post
    Sorry to hear of your health issues. Jay's thread resurrection really piqued my interest as well.
    No problem.

Unfortunately, I have a few other things going on in my life just now that need my attention more than my guns, but hopefully I'll get back on them sometime.

All the best Mick

Really sorry to hear of these further issues with your health, Mick.. As a fellow eyesight sufferer I can fully sympathise. Fingers crossed that they can work some magic and improve things for you. I'll give you a ring over the next few days.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!