Thread: Gamo Compact experience

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CB200 View Post
    Thank you for your detailed and considered response, I do appreciate it. Joining a club will likely be a good way forward for all the reasons you mentioned, although I’ll wait until covid disapates more before I jump in there. I’ve had a few suggestions from worthy sources up to now: Tau-7 and LP1, amongst others. I quite like the idea of a Tau, as it doesn’t have too many adjustments! And I can get it new with a warranty for a very reasonable cost. Also Co2 canisters are cheap and readily available. Any used gun is likely to want a service/ re-sealing. I realise that the Tau is no were near as refined as a Styer, but if it gets me to the next level? Do you have any experience of a Tau-7?
    Haven't seen a Tau for a while, but I think they are pretty good in most respects. The shot count is fairly high too if I remember correctly, which could be an advantage too.
    One thing, dont think they have a dry fire device? Might not be true if all versions, maybe some did & some didn't.
    Either way it could be a good option.
    Certainly worth looking into further & trying to find one you can try before taking the plunge.

Quote Originally Posted by trajectory View Post
    Haven't seen a Tau for a while, but I think they are pretty good in most respects. The shot count is fairly high too if I remember correctly, which could be an advantage too.
    One thing, dont think they have a dry fire device? Might not be true if all versions, maybe some did & some didn't.
    Either way it could be a good option.
    Certainly worth looking into further & trying to find one you can try before taking the plunge.
    Thanks for that. There’s a gentleman in the USA who makes a gizmo to enable a Tau-7 to dry fire easily: very cheap too. I think it makes sense to certainly try before I buy, whatever pistol I eventually get, like you mentioned. Btw shot a card today with 5 tens on it, first time ever! Also included a 5🥴😆

Thanks for that. There’s a gentleman in the USA who makes a gizmo to enable a Tau-7 to dry fire easily: very cheap too. I think it makes sense to certainly try before I buy, whatever pistol I eventually get, like you mentioned. Btw shot a card today with 5 tens on it, first time ever! Also included a 5🥴😆
    Guessing it's a blocking gizmo that prevents the hammer from striking the valve or something along those lines. Might be as simple as a piece of poly pipe or some sort of impact absorbing polymer buffer. Well worth trying a Tau for yourself, or any other pistol for that matter. New is kind of nice because you know it's history, s/h deals can work out well & hopefully it would have been well looked after & serviced by someone who knows what they are about, but sometimes things don't come to light till later.

A 5, a 5, .dodgy pellet! Did you call it?

Guessing it's a blocking gizmo that prevents the hammer from striking the valve or something along those lines. Might be as simple as a piece of poly pipe or some sort of impact absorbing polymer buffer. Well worth trying a Tau for yourself, or any other pistol for that matter. New is kind of nice because you know it's history, s/h deals can work out well & hopefully it would have been well looked after & serviced by someone who knows what they are about, but sometimes things don't come to light till later.

A 5, a 5, .dodgy pellet! Did you call it?
    Yes new is generally better, although it’s a trade off between older precision quality verses new simpler mechanics.

I’ve just found they do a Tau-8 pcp! Great price too!

Did I call it! I called it everything under the sun!����

Smile

Yes new is generally better, although it’s a trade off between older precision quality verses new simpler mechanics.

I’ve just found they do a Tau-8 pcp! Great price too!

Did I call it! I called it everything under the sun!����
    No no no, you have to keep calm.

No no no, you have to keep calm.
    I’m just kidding, I shot the 5 early on the card and went on to score the 5 tens after��

I’m just kidding, I shot the 5 early on the card and went on to score the 5 tens after��
    Yep, nobody said it was easy

Don't have to say but how did you get into pistol shooting? (Pm if you prefer but just curious)