Thread: Autumn Bash, 9th and 10th Oct - Event and Payment Details

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Careful what you wish for, Nick.. Sometimes, maybe, these things can be overdone? Bearing in mind the graft, commitment and planning that the host has to pour into making each event possible whilst trying to conduct their day job. And many travel afar to attend. I think two a year, three at an absolute maximum, strikes the ideal balance between gaps between events and maintaining decent attendance numbers to make them viable. At the last one, many of us had a chat and concluded that we'd all be happy to pay more, if needed, or to chip in as and when required to maintain viability and not take for granted the good nature and commitment of the host(s).

The Sun always shines in Quigleydom. We were treated to unbelievably warm, Summer-like conditions at this October Bash.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

flyingfish is online now I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    Put me down for chipping in extra if necessary
    Pete

Yup me too Pete, Neil and Mick both worked hard to ensure everyone had a great time, not forgetting both chaps families . Gunstonberry my kids call it

Yep, nice one chaps, and totally as expected from the wonderful Boingerpeeps.

How did the club visit go yesterday, Pete?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

flyingfish is online now I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    Shooting and banter was fun as usual Tony. The damp and cold got into us a bit though.
    Retreated to the tea room about 11.00
    Planning another clay busting session next week following the plink.
    We found out yesterday that the range will be closed on 25/12 just because it's Xmas. We are going to complain!!
    Pete

Great to hear it went well, Pete.

Closed on the 25th December? Eh?

Had a plinking session with a friend's old Venom 77 today. 1985 stage 1 tune. .22 cal. The thing was amazing, recoil was next to nil. Just kept smiling with every pellet fired. Mach 1.5

Quote Originally Posted by flyingfish View Post
    Planning another clay busting session next week following the plink.
    Have fun today, Pete.

P.S....Have you seen our Ted recently?

I spoke to Dave H yesterday. First time in a long while. He's one of the chaps who I have recommended a HW99 to in the past. A rat problem in his garden provided the initial spark of interest. He came along to the last Bash at Mick's, at a soggy Quigley Hollow, at Halloween 2019 and had a great time. Well, he has been using and enjoying it in his back garden (decent range he has, too), getting some practice and therapy in and a decent sized rat made an appearance recently, too, amongst the songbird table and feed. Dave reported his satisfaction of another nice, clean headshot delivered clinically by the little 99 and .177 Field Target Trophy combination. He's loving it.