Thread: Theoben Fenman sort of ironic rammer.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I never understood why someone would take out a perfectly good rammer to put a twisting spring in. My Fenman is 30 years old and shot loads with never needing anything done. Heck, I sent it off five years ago for a service, just to be sure. It was returned with: "nothing needed doing".

They point rather well. There are better triggers out there, but the one they have is good enough.

Such of the fun is The Project. Well done, but more than I would take on.

I shoot RWS Superdomes .177 in mine and can hit small things out a good way.

Quote Originally Posted by Muskett View Post
    I never understood why someone would take out a perfectly good rammer to put a twisting spring in.
    After about 10 years of trying to get along with a .177 Evolution, I traded it for a 1988/89 HW85 with close to no use.
    The only other option would have been to start working on the slammy mess the Evo was.
    Too many airguns!

The seven or so Theobens I've owned for a while over the years were all pre millennium manufacture, so I can't give a view on later rifles.
    They all shot exceedingly accurately. They make a different noise to a spring gun. Non gave me any problems.

Two I lent to friends and they came back with bent barrels. Others I just traded along as part of the hobby. Most I'd be happy to have kept. Quality always way ahead of nearly anything out there. Of their time, but so are spring rifles.

I have a Steve Pope tuned HW95 which is more hold sensitive, though has the better trigger. Its smoothness is more refined but all round quality not a patch on my Fenman.
    Both it and my Fenman get the job done in a very similar fashion.
    Last edited by Muskett; 03-08-2022 at 01:20 PM.

ive a early 95 in 22 fully tuned one of the best guns ive owned