Thread: Then venerable Tenex name returns to Eley match pellets

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    I still have several sealed tins of the original Eley Match pellets from when they were available and widely used in the 1970's - but I never recall the Tenex name being used before.

The original Eley Match pellets were made by H&N - do you know who is making and badging these pellets for Eley?
    According to Eley's US Website, the Ventus pellets are being made by Eley themselves in Birmingham. In which case it would follow that the Tenex pellets are also their own.

Of course the US tend to play faster and looser with advertising standards. They don't explicitely say Birmingham on the UK website, though they do use language to suggest they're their own pellets:

At ELEY we make all our pellets to extremely tight weight tolerances and can claim over 30% superior weight variance within a batch.
    Using a word like "make" would be interesting to the ASA if they didn't actually manufacture the product.

I did have it in my head from somewhere else that they are indeed making their own pellets, but I can't recall where or from whom I heard it.
    Last edited by Hemmers; 08-03-2018 at 04:55 PM.
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." Sigmund Freud
    Shooting is my meditation