Thread: Smk 19

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by laverdabru View Post
    Well, at £60 thought I'd give one a try.

Bru
    Likewise...

Quote Originally Posted by ashf9999 View Post
    Likewise...
    Mine's due for delivery Sunday. Been watching a test of the then £150 Smk vs an £400 HW80(?) about 3 years ago on youtube, interesting.

Bru
    Webley Mk3 x2, Falcon & Junior rifles, HW35x2, AirSporter x2, Gold Star, Meteors x2, Diana 25. SMK B19, Webley Senior, Premier, Hurricane x 2, Tempest, Dan Wesson 8", Crosman 3576, Legends PO8.

Quote Originally Posted by laverdabru View Post
    Mine's due for delivery Sunday. Been watching a test of the then £150 Smk vs an £400 HW80(?) about 3 years ago on youtube, interesting.

Bru

Yep. Same here (bearing in mind you're about a half hour away from me). Bang goes the morning lie-in.

Most of these ancient threads do not reflect a true picture of what the Chinese presently produce. Things have moved on big time since the introduction of the Chinese Lion and we now have several rifles that are beginning to equal some of the European imports in performance. In very recent times I have had a Xs38 purchased as a project gun and if it had not been for the poor trigger that was beyond improvement it would have been an excellent gun as it was so accurate. Very recently I have acquired an Xs41, a gun I have been after for around a year, initial findings are that this gun can do everything the gun it clones at under a quarter of the price of the gun it clones. When I have finished fettling it I will post a full review, presently it is producing just under the limit and is exceptionally smooth and accurate out to 55yds. Its an improvement on the 38 as it has a trigger that equals some of the better ones in being so smooth and that's without any polishing.

Quote Originally Posted by 4end View Post
    Most of these ancient threads do not reflect a true picture of what the Chinese presently produce. Things have moved on big time since the introduction of the Chinese Lion and we now have several rifles that are beginning to equal some of the European imports in performance. In very recent times I have had a Xs38 purchased as a project gun and if it had not been for the poor trigger that was beyond improvement it would have been an excellent gun as it was so accurate. Very recently I have acquired a, a gun I have been after for around a year, initial findings are that this gun can do everything the gun it clones at under a quarter of the price of the gun it clones. When I have finished fettling it I will post a full review, presently it is producing just under the limit and is exceptionally smooth and accurate out to 55yds. Its an improvement on the 38 as it has a trigger that equals some of the better ones in being so smooth and that's without any polishing.
    I will be interested to see your review. Especially if the XS19 impresses!

ATB

Bru
    Webley Mk3 x2, Falcon & Junior rifles, HW35x2, AirSporter x2, Gold Star, Meteors x2, Diana 25. SMK B19, Webley Senior, Premier, Hurricane x 2, Tempest, Dan Wesson 8", Crosman 3576, Legends PO8.

Just delivered

Will be interesting to see what it's like, but may be a few days before I get round to it.

Quote Originally Posted by ashf9999 View Post
    Will be interesting to see what it's like, but may be a few days before I get round to it.
    Sat here with a coffee, waiting...

Bru