Thread: Gamo Compact experience

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Having refreshed my memory by watching a couple of reviews spending your money on a top end one will give you far more adjustment on pretty much every aspect of the pistol, grip, trigger and sights, which in turn will help consistency and ultimately your accuracy. It will also give your arm a rest between shots without all that pumping!
    Steyr Challenge HFT - HW97K - BSA Mercury Challenger - Anschutz 9015 One - AA Pro Target - AA Pro Elite - ASI Paratrooper (R) - Walther LP500

Quote Originally Posted by bootneckbob View Post
    Having refreshed my memory by watching a couple of reviews spending your money on a top end one will give you far more adjustment on pretty much every aspect of the pistol, grip, trigger and sights, which in turn will help consistency and ultimately your accuracy. It will also give your arm a rest between shots without all that pumping!
    Yes that’s right, and will probably be easier to load the pellets to, some of the Gamo Match ones are a b.....r to load in the breach: and some don’t even fire when they are loaded! I have to scrape them out!

Quote Originally Posted by CB200 View Post
    Yes that’s right, and will probably be easier to load the pellets to, some of the Gamo Match ones are a b.....r to load in the breach: and some don’t even fire when they are loaded! I have to scrape them out!
    I bought a sleeve of Gamo Match for my Compact, what a waste of money that was. As you say, incredibly inconsistent sizing with half of them so tight they won't fire. Total sh*te.

Quote Originally Posted by bill57 View Post
    I bought a sleeve of Gamo Match for my Compact, what a waste of money that was. As you say, incredibly inconsistent sizing with half of them so tight they won't fire. Total sh*te.
    What pellets do you use Bill?

Quote Originally Posted by CB200 View Post
    What pellets do you use Bill?
    First an admission; I strayed here from the dark side - I am not a pistol shooter really. We built a pistol range at my club and I ended up with the Gamo and a lovely FWB 80, both lefties. But I don't use them much, and the last two years put paid to it all anyway.

Oddly enough I remember having a very nice Diana Model 5 (with the wooden grip) (40!) years ago. I bought RWS Meisterkugeln for it, but they were so tight they wouldn't leave the barrel - so not a new issue to me.

The only pellets I have in the house for the pistols at the moment are the dirt cheap H&N Excite Econ wadcutters. They fit both pistols well, look well made and are more than adequate for my standard.

Quote Originally Posted by bill57 View Post
    First an admission; I strayed here from the dark side - I am not a pistol shooter really. We built a pistol range at my club and I ended up with the Gamo and a lovely FWB 80, both lefties. But I don't use them much, and the last two years put paid to it all anyway.

Oddly enough I remember having a very nice Diana Model 5 (with the wooden grip) (40!) years ago. I bought RWS Meisterkugeln for it, but they were so tight they wouldn't leave the barrel - so not a new issue to me.

The only pellets I have in the house for the pistols at the moment are the dirt cheap H&N Excite Econ wadcutters. They fit both pistols well, look well made and are more than adequate for my standard.
    Thanks for you reply Bill, it was nice to hear your experience over the last few years: but such a shame that covid ruined your shooting: are you planning on resuming when things improve? Is your club open at the moment? I’ve read about the FWB 65,80,100, they get such great reviews. I’m using RWS basics in my Gamo at the moment, and they seem fine.