Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
When I was younger (yes, I was once young ) I lusted after my mates Original 35. It wasn't exactly a 'dustbin killer' but boy was he accurate with it. Ive often seen him hitting (empty) 12B cases beyond 30 yards, standing.
The '35 is a rifle not often tuned and sorted so it will be interesting to see what improvements over standard you can make.
Yes, that's about the same story as me Ian, my best mate, Andy, had a 35 and could hit anything he aimed at, but unfortunately Andy died in an horrific car crash in the early 1980s which is part of the reason why I wanted one.

For a quick tune, (though nothing's carved in stone) I'm looking at fitting a synthetic seal, longstroking the piston a tad and sleeving the transfer port down --- so nothing too drastic.
There is one thing I've read on here that points to the main problem of getting power out of an Original 35 but I need to get inside mine first to find out if this info is correct or not.

Before I do all that I'm going to make my very first spring compressor so I don't lose my balls.

All the best Mick