Thread: Annealing case machines?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I started annealing to prolong case life.... I'm no-where good enough to justify paying a load of money for a machine, so i made my own...

https://youtu.be/-DaojieJr_M

if you Google for home made annealing machine you'll probably find the forum where I got my ideas from.... probably cost £50 in parts...

Quote Originally Posted by Daryll View Post
    I started annealing to prolong case life.... I'm no-where good enough to justify paying a load of money for a machine, so i made my own...

https://youtu.be/-DaojieJr_M

if you Google for homemade annealing machine you'll probably find the forum where I got my ideas from.... probably cost £50 in parts...
    I fully agree with both of the above statements, prolonging case life, and made my own with bits from £50/60 if you can wire a 13 amp plug and a few DIY skills you can do this., no need to spend hundreds of £'s
    Working hardening of Brass is a known fact and you can't argue with the details in the video on this, but I have yet to be shown what difference does 97 Vickers and 130 Vickers make to the point of impact on the target, at my level of shooting I certainly can see no difference in accuracy, case life well that's different as an obsolete caliber shooter cases are scarce, expensive or time-consuming to make so annealing is a must but I only do this around every 10 shots and that works for me

Annealing case machines?

Thanks for all replies, I'm busy reading and watching them all.
    The D.I.Y is very interesting, I believe I could manage the building of it.
    6.5 55 SWEDE.223 HOWA VARMINT NIKON 8X32X50 -.22LR CZ STYLE-16" .17 HMR CZ AMERICAN-16" SIMMONS AETEC-12G BERETTA A.302,AYA NO 4,BAIKAL O&U