Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Your perfect sporting breakbarrel?

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkormat View Post
    Perfect sporting break barrel? Feinwerkbau Sport. I have a rough looking 127, and I love it. Perfect weight, accurate, easy to cock, and although the trigger is no Rekord, it's adequate. Alas, it's in the cabinet back in England and I've not shot it for three years. Really want to get it over here asap.
    I do like the FWB Sports. I've had a few come in for work in various guises - this is one I finished and chequered a few months back:
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation

Quote Originally Posted by junglie View Post
    like a FWB sport with a record in it then evert?
    The Sport has a weak lockup...
    These days I'm leaning towards tightened up Mk3/4 meteors with carbine length barrels
    But a short stroke HW95 seems to be quite close to perfect too... just too bad they didn't put a proper cocking arm on the HW99.

I still have some dream projects that may or may not get done some day:
    -Proper short stroke HW95 piston (not a nose extension)
    -Long stroke HW50 piston like Mick did
    -25mm rotating piston in a BSA Supesport
    Too many airguns!

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig-P View Post
    I do like the FWB Sports. I've had a few come in for work in various guises - this is one I finished and chequered a few months back:
    Now that's how a German rifle should look like, effing stunning.
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    It's a beauty isn't it? I do love my job but it does have it's drawbacks - I'm tempted to pocket some of these things and not return them to the owner...

That is a stunning stock for sure!
    Too many airguns!

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    It's a beauty isn't it? I do love my job but it does have it's drawbacks - I'm tempted to pocket some of these things and not return them to the owner...
    The stock alone must have cost a pretty penny as its a bloody lovely piece of walnut.
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Quote Originally Posted by junglie View Post
    Like the dozen or so i've had my hands on then, i had a great supersport though once but sold it for someones sons 18th birthday present. Really would love to shoot a good lightning sometime though as i love it's looks.
    I bought the lightning, it looks great.

Sadly lots of great air rifle shooters, and a certain well known tuner just could not improve this rifle.

But , my supersport is certainly a real beauty, need to get inside it, and do a service, its not been opened for over 16 years I've had it, definitely can do with a bit of attention !!!

Same here, mate - I also have a .22 99 that requires work but I just don't get time. If I start it this morning, I may finally get it done by next September bash and we can compare them
    This feels a bit like a friendly challenge coming on, may be I need to do a 99 with a .25 flake, unless I do what Craig said at the bash and put the LGV piston I have in an 80 (but then that defeats the 99 object then) but like Craig says, I have so many other projects to finish first with so little time to do them in.
    So many mini-projects, so little spare time......as mentioned elsewhere I have an old school 50 to do. Plus a 35 project I bought from 18Wheeler (I hope he's okay, not seen him for ages), plus a 55 to de-twang (bought in 2012 from Alistair!), plus this 99 to finish.........as you get nearer to a Bash it's just easier to grab any of the others that are in a more "completed" state........
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Tony wins straight away. I can safely guarantee my rifles will still be in pieces by that date - and those pieces will be scattered all over the house (and the houses of friends) for a long time...
    My .25 HW95 however, should be finished - that's only taken me four years to get around to it...
    Don't know about me winning any challenges, my friend, but I'll certainly relish seeing that 95.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by evert View Post
    The Sport has a weak lockup...
    These days I'm leaning towards tightened up Mk3/4 meteors with carbine length barrels
    But a short stroke HW95 seems to be quite close to perfect too... just too bad they didn't put a proper cocking arm on the HW99.

I still have some dream projects that may or may not get done some day:
    -Proper short stroke HW95 piston (not a nose extension)
    -Long stroke HW50 piston like Mick did
    -25mm rotating piston in a BSA Supesport
    I think the HW95/98 platform is your ideal starting place, ticking many of your boxes. If you aren't able to do the longer rod yourself, I'd say NickG or Shaun at ISP through our Craig would be your people.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    I think the HW95/98 platform is your ideal starting place, ticking many of your boxes. If you aren't able to do the longer rod yourself, I'd say NickG or Shaun at ISP through our Craig would be your people.
    I could be very wide of the mark here, mate - but isn't the rod in a 95 nigh on impossible to remove?

The FWB looks good, but its the stock that does it.
    Similar stock on a 95, lightning etc. and they will all look good.
    My Taunus looked as good as that FWB!
    VAYA CON DIOS

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Oh its just lack of motivation and lazyness. Too many airguns not enough time...
    Too many airguns!

Quote Originally Posted by evert View Post
    So, I finally have a second hand wood stocked LGV coming in the mail.. just hoping its a good one!
    Quoting myself a lot here....
    But the gun turns out to be a Walther Century- the guy advertised it as a Walther, and I got excited and forgot that the century existed...
    So now I have what turns out to be a quite accurate high power .177

But it is brutal to cock and fire- does anyone have experience with setting up soft and accurate tunes on these??
    Too many airguns!