Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
as you say Tone the 99 is pretty good, I'm still waiting to try an all singing, all dancing one, just to see how good they can be before I'm fully convinced, the trouble is trying other people's rifles at the bash is they are often not set up for you, so you may pick up a rifle that shoots fantastic but because the scope isn't set up to your eyes or the trigger isn't how you'd normally have it or the stock doesn't fit you, it can taint your shooting experience with it and may be put you off, settling down with your own personal favourite and just plinking away is a massive joy.

Pete
I know what you mean, Pete.. One of the great things about The Bash is the opportunity it presents to try other rifles out, but sometimes it's just nice to settle into your personal groove for a while and enjoy some meditative springer therapy..
Amongst my many "to be started" projects there's a "needing final tweaks" one.......the first 99 I bought. I bought this one used, to dip my toe in the water, so to speak, after the scare stories. It's a .22. I fitted a WonkyDonky kit and it shoots absolutely sublimely. I may not have actually gone quite to town enough as regards sorting the cocking lever out, which I must get around to one day. When built I only used it on opens and believe the set-up suits the rifle's compact lines and light weight nicely. Maybe I ought to get this fettle actually finished, scope her up and bring it along; I'm sure you'd enjoy.