Quote Originally Posted by robs5230 View Post
The P1000 was swimming against the tide when it was launched. A bit left field / odd looking, compared to current models at the time and fraught with issues.
Not cheap either, which didn't help the shooting public embrace it.
Not sure the revised model cured all the issues, and even if it did, the ship had pretty much sailed.

Diana have produced some pretty good guns over the years, but they've always been one of the outsider brands. Certainly not really hitting the big time here.
Changes in ownership have resulted in some odd directions and their marketing seems to be controlled by some bloke, who has access to huge amounts of class A's.
The importer / distributor situation here has also done little for their popularity, and UK prices being a bit ridiculous at times.

Looks like they're now shedding / have shed, the majority of their range of German built items and their lineup now consists of Chinese made stuff.

In terms of airguns, I'd say they're circling the pan now. But the Chinese stuff may just be enough of a floater, to keep them in business.

Their springers have sort of been ok, with the 34/31 being a decent break barrel, and the expired 280 being better over here.
The 48/52/54/56 are little more than a slight evolution of a dinosaur.
The terrible ergonomics and designs of their stocks, should have seen the designers get the plastic mac years ago. At what's really top end money, their rifles really lack a bit of style.

I'll give em a couple of years and they'll just be a brand name, owned by the Chinese, like Remington and the like.
Thanks for the reply Rob,

That comment did make me laugh

Yeah the older stuff for sure I’ve blagged a go on many of the older excellent springers and personally had a trio of 280’s and my son now owns my old vintage 1931 25

Shame they were far too late to the pcp party but was always curious if the p1000 could have perhaps been quite the dark horse.