Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: A tarted up titan rifle

Some interesting information here, the biggest rub is I’m left handed and find it a right pain to shoot right handed so the stock is coming off and will be put in storage until I either get bored of it or pass away. Hopefully going to shape a new lefty stock for it and then it is in dire need of a new bolt machining as the current one is really sloppy and possibly a softer spring to bring the power down as it’s only going to be used for back garden targets.

Quote Originally Posted by rovercoupe View Post
    Some interesting information here, the biggest rub is I’m left handed and find it a right pain to shoot right handed so the stock is coming off and will be put in storage until I either get bored of it or pass away. Hopefully going to shape a new lefty stock for it and then it is in dire need of a new bolt machining as the current one is really sloppy and possibly a softer spring to bring the power down as it’s only going to be used for back garden targets.
    Can you flip the tube upside down on these to put the cocking bolt on the left as well ?

I know of a 2nd hand lefty CS stock that is available, I’m happy to pass you the details. He also has an unused factory beech stock available.

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    Can you flip the tube upside down on these to put the cocking bolt on the left as well ?
    Yes, very easy to do

Quote Originally Posted by Logunner View Post
    Yes, very easy to do
    Cheers for that.

As I recall a member of staff at Knibbs showed me how easy it was to swap, but I think that was on a Falcon ?

All the best Mick

Thanks for the offer on the stocks, I need to get back on the carving so once the rain stops I will be starting work on a lump of wood!

I will have a look and see if I can flip the breech round and it would be great to have a proper lefty gun.

Thanks for the offer on the stocks, I need to get back on the carving so once the rain stops I will be starting work on a lump of wood!

I will have a look and see if I can flip the breech round and it would be great to have a proper lefty gun.
    You can flip the hammer tube round so that cocking is on the other side but you cannot do that with the breech on your rifle.

Pm sent regarding stock

I’ve just acquired this from a friend up at my club, believe it’s one of the non thumbhole targets???
    He saw me using another friends Standard Manitou (I’d given it a bit of a once over and shakedown as he wanted to get back into shooting but not used it for some time ) and piped up that he and his son had one each and used to shoot early FT with them. They’d not been used for about 15 years or so and were in need of a look at.

Skip forward a couple of weeks, sons rifle looked at and working quite nicely now and he says he’s looking to sell it. A good price agreed, deal done and voila, it now sits in my stable.

His one is the same but sits in a L/H stock….

Obviously still needs some cosmetic tidying but shoots very nicely indeed with sub 5p groups at 25m so far.

Were these early CS Stocks that were used walnut?? Looks like it to me but I’m no expert, and I’d like to bring that up nicer if so………

All help, advice and wrist slaps gratefully received.
    Most sales open to swaps for older BSA’s, projects and or incomplete/bits. Currently quietly developing a hankering for a nice S10 BBK………..

Quote Originally Posted by gizwaz View Post
    Were these early CS Stocks that were used walnut?? Looks like it to me but I’m no expert, and I’d like to bring that up nicer if so………

Yes they were. The French walnut used back then was much better quality than today's American Black. To buy a blank of that today would cost a fair few quid.
    And ironically this is the stock shape I was trying to describe earlier in the thread, so thanks for posting this image.
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation

Quote Originally Posted by gizwaz View Post
    I’ve just acquired this from a friend up at my club, believe it’s one of the non thumbhole targets???
    He saw me using another friends Standard Manitou (I’d given it a bit of a once over and shakedown as he wanted to get back into shooting but not used it for some time ) and piped up that he and his son had one each and used to shoot early FT with them. They’d not been used for about 15 years or so and were in need of a look at.

Skip forward a couple of weeks, sons rifle looked at and working quite nicely now and he says he’s looking to sell it. A good price agreed, deal done and voila, it now sits in my stable.

His one is the same but sits in a L/H stock….

Obviously still needs some cosmetic tidying but shoots very nicely indeed with sub 5p groups at 25m so far.

Stunning

This is what a PCP air rifle should look like. It's lovely
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

Thanks Craig P, and funny how it worked out with the pix.👍

And totally agree with you others that commented, it sure is a beautiful rifle that hopefully will look even nicer once I’ve found some time to give it a bit more tlc.
    All help, advice and wrist slaps gratefully received.
    Most sales open to swaps for older BSA’s, projects and or incomplete/bits. Currently quietly developing a hankering for a nice S10 BBK………..

JerryD is offline Will only use cherry lipbalm
    Lovely rifle! Wish they still made them, they're so simple to work on and the barrels seem very accurate, just a bit flimsy. That, and the hammer is a bit susceptible to speck of dirt getting in and buggering up consistency.

I still have my tarted up FN19 with full chromed and brass action, just wish I'd never parted with the FN19TR I had
    Jerry

Quote Originally Posted by averageplinker View Post
    This is what a PCP air rifle should look like. It's lovely
    Agreed, very nice.
    Plinkerer and Tinkerer