Page 33 of 51 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Thread: Autumn Bash, 9th and 10th Oct - Event and Payment Details

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    I’ve got a bell target I bought a couple of years ago and only just unboxed it this weekend. It’s now positioned at the end of my Man Cave at about 30ft ready for a bit of indoor play when the weather turns wet. HW45, CP88 and Hatsan Mod25 at the ready and well overdue an outing.
    Wahay!!

Nice one, Pauly.. Bell targets are immense fun and there's nothing quite like a most enjoyable and therapeutic session indoors once the weather turns.

Enjoy, matey.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by GrandadG View Post

Splish splosh with a bit of colour!

BOING!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Well done on the work so far, Chris.

Re that barrel axis bolt, did the nut come off okay? If so, and if you haven't tried already, try undoing it once the barrel's been unlatched. If that still doesn't work, maybe a good fitting piece in a ratchet for extra leverage? It'll come.......Obviously Herman was feeling on particularly good form that day.. Makes you fancy one of those QD cocking lever axis pins even more.

Hope you get it fully tweaked to your satisfaction soon.
    That was the sticking point mate couldn't get the nut off. Nowt worse than sticky nuts eh will try mullering it with a big hammer

As seen on other threads and something I've done before on other, non-airgun related jobs, give it a go where you actually go clockwise first a tad to tighten it before trying to loosen it off, Chris. Often works.. And I know you would anyway, but please, please use a properly fitting slot head screwdriver / attachment. The attachment in a ratchet mentioned earlier should help. But I've often also found that using a large handled screwdriver with your weight right over it (workpiece obviously secured and protected) works just as well..

Really hope you get it sorted matey and sorry if I'm telling you things you've already tried and known for some time.

Also, as mentioned previously, those QD pins might come in handy too for future use. But, if you're like me, the fact that you can't get the barrel off for now will be bugging you and you're sure to want to remove at some point in the future for greasing the shims / jaws.

flyingfish is offline I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    I can lend you an angle grinder
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by flyingfish View Post
    I can lend you an angle grinder
    ??????????

??????????
    Just think of it as a big screw driver
    Pete

Captain Bongo is offline I'm not falling for this again........
    Quote Originally Posted by baldinio View Post
    will try mullering it with a big hammer
    I see you are now fully versed in airgun tuning techniques......

(Call me if you need a bigger hammer)

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Bongo View Post
    I see you are now fully versed in airgun tuning techniques......

(Call me if you need a bigger hammer)
    I always need you mate

Erm and your hammer

Quote Originally Posted by flyingfish View Post
    Just think of it as a big screw driver
    Beast!

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalBee View Post
    Just acquired an Anchutz 335 mk1 in .177" cal over the weekend. Mach 1.5 had kindly been sitting on it for me at his place until I could collect it. In need of a bit of work, but all together. Chrono'd at 5.5ft/lb and very twangy, so some refinishing and a fettle are in order..
    Has "Project Annie" commenced yet, Mark? Be lovely to hear how this goes.

Has "Project Annie" commenced yet, Mark? Be lovely to hear how this goes.
    She's in bits presently. The cylinder had been stripped of bluing, so it's been prepped for a reblue. Also, the tp was 4.2mm on a 4.5mm cal'. I've plans to reduce it and go to a synthetic seal. Custom guides are planned and we'll she how she goes. On a positive, the stocks all good, plain, but good and the open sights are present, so a little 10 mtr action will be the plan for it.

I bet that turns out lovely once done then, Mark.. The 335 was always one of those "exotic", almost untouchables back in my young teens and early days of AGW and a rifle to aspire to.. Be really nice to hear how she turns out.

Any more tinkerings this weekend, peeps?

Hard to believe that it's only three weeks ago that we were enjoying such wonderful times in lovely surroundings amongst fine people and with such great weather to be had.

And it's two years this Halloween weekend that we were at our beloved, hallowed Quigley Hollow.

Super memories. Here come the shorter, darker days. Can't wait until the 2022 Boinger Bash season to be upon us and the promise of many more happy memories to be made.

Digging out cold weather gear for next week
    Pete