Thread: Sharps Ace

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    "1977 It was apparently one of the last batch to enter our shores from Japan"

Are you sure? I was told by someone in the trade they were still being imported in small quantities well into the 80's. Demand for the Ace back then was so low that less than 200 were imported in the final year apparently. I believe the founder of Sharp fell of the twig around this time and that led to the company demise.
    Sharp Ace stocks were made from a species of mahogany, possibly meranti, and stained.

Quote Originally Posted by greenwayjames View Post

Are you sure? I was told by someone in the trade they were still being imported in small quantities well into the 80's. Demand for the Ace back then was so low that less than 200 were imported in the final year apparently. I believe the founder of Sharp fell of the twig around this time and that led to the company demise.
    Sharp Ace stocks were made from a species of mahogany, possibly meranti, and stained.
    I was going to say the same John, I thought they came out fairly early 1980's, Innova was around late 1970's as I had one then
    Custom BSA S10 .22 PAX Phoenix Mk 2 .22 Custom Titan Manitou .22 (JB BP) HW77 .22 FWB Sport Mk1 .22 Sharp Ace .22 Crossman 600 .22 Berretta 92 .20 Desert Eagle .177

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by greenwayjames View Post

Sorry- That was a typo, It should have read '1997'!!

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/