Thread: Dealing With Isolation.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    An old Indian musket came way a while ago. I think it is a wallhanger. The barrel is slightly bulged here and there. The lock spring is not too strong, the base plug has been peened over and the stock is held in place with a woodscrew.
    During these quiet times I might file the bulges out of the barrel and re-brown it, clean the lock up and sand and redo the stock. There are no pipes under the barrel for a ramrod so I might make them up and solder them on.
    It will keep me occupied when I get bored.

Quote Originally Posted by enfield2band View Post
    An old Indian musket came way a while ago. I think it is a wallhanger. The barrel is slightly bulged here and there. The lock spring is not too strong, the base plug has been peened over and the stock is held in place with a woodscrew.
    During these quiet times I might file the bulges out of the barrel and re-brown it, clean the lock up and sand and redo the stock. There are no pipes under the barrel for a ramrod so I might make them up and solder them on.
    It will keep me occupied when I get bored.
    That sounds like a great idea and hopefully some others with ongoing restoration projects will us the time to do something similar.
    Brian

Black stuff

Not going to help now the ranges are closing. But we have had a lot of fun this last year with old 1870 s 12G hammerguns proofed only for the black.
    We shoot home load 25gram 65mm carts at the local clay grounds.
    Amazing how many dedicated competition shooters with all the modern kit want a go, and are amazed that they can hit crossers. "even if they do have to ask"" did I hit it" for the smoke.
    Lots and lots of fun and brings smiles to faces, "As long as you are not down wind"
    Spending some of our isolation loading up a few hundred cartridges. Managed to get to Kranks before all this nonsense.
    When I die don't let my wife sell my guns for what she thinks I gave for them!!!