Thread: Your perfect sporting breakbarrel?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    look no hands is online now Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    For purity of handling, portability and "sporting" feel, I'd have to rate the BSA Lightning right up there.

But it has its shortcomings in other areas.

So, how about that (slightly) flawed genius, the HW99S (again!!!)???
    If BSA had only kept making the Custom version of the Supersport and then transferred the same into the Lightning, then there'd be a few more followers, as you know my .25 ain't bad to shoot and that's just had basic tuning with the original spring, I'd like to see what it would be like properly tuned up but I don't really want to disturb it, as you say Tone the 99 is pretty good, I'm still waiting to try an all singing, all dancing one, just to see how good they can be before I'm fully convinced, the trouble is trying other people's rifles at the bash is they are often not set up for you, so you may pick up a rifle that shoots fantastic but because the scope isn't set up to your eyes or the trigger isn't how you'd normally have it or the stock doesn't fit you, it can taint your shooting experience with it and may be put you off, settling down with your own personal favourite and just plinking away is a massive joy.

Pete
    Last edited by look no hands; 04-10-2022 at 06:19 PM.
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in