Page 65 of 66 FirstFirst ... 155563646566 LastLast

Thread: Autumn Bash 17th and 18th September 2022

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Really looking forward to seeing how this turns out for you, Pete. Many of the LGVs I've shot have impressed immensely. With a 24mm NickG conversion this should end up being most special.
    I recon it will., not sure if the bluing will come out perfect unless Nick can polish out some rust pitting marks, I was rubbing for hours yesterday with different grades of wet and dry paper and there's still marks on the barrel and the breech block, I tried some Birchwood Casey Superblue on it to see what it would come out like, let's just say after about 4 applications they should call it Great grey.
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Yep, that's very possibly the same stuff (or very similar) to that which I used on the Mercury S cylinder where my friend had marked it whilst loosening off the breech bolt nut. He later gave me the tool that he made up for future use. The touch-up ended up more grey too, so I just preferred to leave it marked and oiled it up.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

How are our latest bouncing boingery babies and their families doing?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

How are our latest bouncing boingery babies and their families doing?
    Thank you for asking Tony.
    Amelia is doing very well.
    Emma says that she will post on the thread when she gets time.
    I hope Mason and family are doing well.

little fella is doing great thanks mate, they all came to our house for tea last night which was lovely. We are off to Wakefield this coming weekend to see the other little grandson baby Jake (Jimbo’s little one)

Brilliant!

Can someone please explain what and where a BASH is? is it like a FT or HFT event??

It's an informal meet and shoot in a field with camping if you want to go for the whole weekend. Targets such as tin cans, a six yard bell target set up and at long range the Quigley bucket, which I could not see never mind hit. It's an opportunity to meet like minded people. I've only been once but shall return. Nice folks who can no doubt explain more.
    Go to page 30 for a picture the bloke in the yellow top is me before I drop my pellets.
    Last edited by Dornfelderliebe; 17-01-2023 at 10:15 AM. Reason: missed a bit

Quote Originally Posted by Dornfelderliebe View Post
    It's an informal meet and shoot in a field with camping if you want to go for the whole weekend. Targets such as tin cans, a six yard bell target set up and at long range the Quigley bucket, which I could not see never mind hit. It's an opportunity to meet like minded people. I've only been once but shall return. Nice folks who can no doubt explain more.
    Gracias Senor, sounds like fun.

A Boinger Bash is an informal gathering of like-minded, friendly and genuine enthusiasts all getting together to shoot their own (and others') airguns at a variety of ranges (usually from about 10 to about 110 yards) at inanimate targets. Folk can shoot, talk, ask questions, impart knowledge. It's mainly centred around the spring powered air rifle, but all powerplants are welcome. Pistols too. The only rule is all guns must be below our legal power limits and you must be safe. Extra family members / dogs welcome.

Some come for a day. Some stay over (camping or hotels / b&b) and stay for a few days.

It's a fantastic, laid back, non-competitive environment with the emphasis on safe, relaxing fun. Everyone who comes visits again.

Location as per post #1 and it really is in a most picturesque setting.

Hopefully see you there.

Quote Originally Posted by Shooter22UK View Post
    is it like a FT or HFT event??
    Most certainly not, very, very informal . Spinners pretty much out as far as you want, chatting, camping, camp fire, drinking, curry delivered to the field on a Saturday night. Bit of buying and selling.

What's not to like ?
    LOOKING FOR A BSA ULTRA IN .177 and .25

Quote Originally Posted by Dornfelderliebe View Post
    Go to page 30 for a picture the bloke in the yellow top is me before I drop my pellets.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shooter22UK View Post
    Gracias Senor, sounds like fun.
    Sorry, I was tapping away whilst Mr Dornfelderliebe was also replying.

Yes, it is fun. IMMENSE FUN.

BOING!

Great news. I'm away on holiday during the July dates, but look forward to seeing everyone on the others.

Sorry, I was tapping away whilst Mr Dornfelderliebe was also replying.

Yes, it is fun. IMMENSE FUN.

BOING!
    And Dave. Soz, Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalBee View Post
    Great news. I'm away on holiday during the July dates, but look forward to seeing everyone on the others.
    Think you've posted on the wrong thread, Marky.. Shame about the July date, sir. But it'll be great to see you on those other weekends.

I'll put my leave requests in tomorrow.