Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Conman: The ratcatcher

Quote Originally Posted by bighit View Post
    Maybe the Mods can answer but there is people that join up and never post. Maybe bots or they lose interest.

I wonder how many of them there is ?
    It would be near enough impossible to give any figures on this as I'd have to check through all 46,000 members accounts to view their posting history.

The registration process makes it difficult for bots to register, I'm presently removing about 30 bots per day from the registration queue so I doubt if many none posters are bots.
    There are a huge number of folks who just join to read and very rarely post, there's also a huge number of folks who drift in and out of the sport who rarely post, some folks join with a question and simply use the search function to get the answer they need, then bugger off again.

All the best Mick

you do a lot of work mick what we dont see well done

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    It would be near enough impossible to give any figures on this as I'd have to check through all 46,000 members accounts to view their posting history.

The registration process makes it difficult for bots to register, I'm presently removing about 30 bots per day from the registration queue so I doubt if many none posters are bots.
    There are a huge number of folks who just join to read and very rarely post, there's also a huge number of folks who drift in and out of the sport who rarely post, some folks join with a question and simply use the search function to get the answer they need, then bugger off again.

All the best Mick
    Cheers Mick. I had assumed you would have a counter with how many posts a member made . You could then go from high poster to low poster posts.

Some may be dormant duplicate accounts too. Get banned then start using the new one .

Jason Millar did it on another forum as did some others no doubt.

Unframed Dave is online now World pork pie juggling champion three years straight
    The Ratcatcher has been permanently banned.

Dave
    Smell my cheese

Hi,I've not read anyone say he's a good chap have I missed it. Atb mick

Quote Originally Posted by rapidresponse1 View Post
    you do a lot of work mick what we dont see well done
    It's nothing really, rr.

After a while you get to recognise bots straight away and each morning I reject their accounts, then I check through the genuine new registrations --- all this takes less time than drinking a cup of coffee.

And yes, I do make mistakes but a new member's first few posts being moderated weeds them out.

All the best Mick

Cheers Mick. I had assumed you would have a counter with how many posts a member made . You could then go from high poster to low poster posts.

Some may be dormant duplicate accounts too. Get banned then start using the new one .

Jason Millar did it on another forum as did some others no doubt.
    I normally check if a newly banned member has a sleeper account.

I know we do have a few permanently banned members on here who've returned but if their original ban was not for a sales dispute and they're causing no trouble I turn a blind eye.

Jason Millar has been banned twice off the back of members reporting him --- he's quite easy to spot anyway as he always tries to sell absolute crap at top money.

All the best Mick

Quote Originally Posted by Unframed Dave View Post
    The Ratcatcher has been permanently banned.

Dave
    Unfortunately, Dave,

He never appeared to have any intention of doing the decent thing or even returning to the site to try to put things right so banning him was the only action available to you.

All the best Mick
    Last edited by T 20; 04-12-2021 at 02:11 PM.

well done dave we can do without people like that on the forum

Guys

I should have an update from Brocock mid week, this will be a real treat for my boy when everything comes together.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    I normally check if a newly banned member has a sleeper account.

I know we do have a few permanently banned members on here who've returned but if their original ban was not for a sales dispute and they're causing no trouble I turn a blind eye.

Jason Millar has been banned twice off the back of members reporting him --- he's quite easy to spot anyway as he always tries to sell absolute crap at top money.

All the best Mick
    Just like Mr Gadaffi . Always outs himself.

i hope your lad gets it in time for xmas

Quote Originally Posted by rapidresponse1 View Post
    i hope your lad gets it in time for xmas
    Thanks I do to, I’m counting on Brocock

fingers crossed bud

Just like Mr Gadaffi . Always outs himself.
    I always enjoy his many posts about finishing with his girlfriend because she's laughed at him falling down the stairs.

How anyone could find the sight of a one legged idiot falling down stairs funny is beyond me.