Page 40 of 51 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast

Thread: Autumn Bash, 9th and 10th Oct - Event and Payment Details

flyingfish is offline I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    Shooting and banter was fun as usual Tony. The damp and cold got into us a bit though.
    Retreated to the tea room about 11.00
    Planning another clay busting session next week following the plink.
    We found out yesterday that the range will be closed on 25/12 just because it's Xmas. We are going to complain!!
    Pete

Great to hear it went well, Pete.

Closed on the 25th December? Eh?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Had a plinking session with a friend's old Venom 77 today. 1985 stage 1 tune. .22 cal. The thing was amazing, recoil was next to nil. Just kept smiling with every pellet fired. Mach 1.5

Sounds like a most excellent, enjoyable and meaningful way of spending quality time, Paul.

And just shows how nicely even the earlier Venoms shot.. I think it was 1984, maybe 1985, when the team first tuned one of mine.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Much will depend on whether Mick will be well enough to host one or two at Quigley Hollow, Nick.. I, and everyone else, will be keeping everything crossed in the hope that he is able to.
    Unfortunately Tone.

I have absolutely no plans to resurrect Quigley Hollow in the foreseeable future, I'd have to be well and truly stable for a good while before I could even contemplate hosting anything.

All the best Mick

Although a huge source of sadness and disappointment for the wonderful Boingerati peeps, this must be so devastating for you and the family, Mick; especially the not being able to see the light at the end of the tunnel and the end of this awful, debilitating condition..

You take good care of yourself, Maestro. And one of us WILL be kidnapping you for a day at Quigley Bottom.
    Last edited by TonyL; 06-12-2021 at 07:12 AM.

Careful what you wish for, Nick.. Sometimes, maybe, these things can be overdone? Bearing in mind the graft, commitment and planning that the host has to pour into making each event possible whilst trying to conduct their day job. And many travel afar to attend. I think two a year, three at an absolute maximum, strikes the ideal balance between gaps between events and maintaining decent attendance numbers to make them viable. At the last one, many of us had a chat and concluded that we'd all be happy to pay more, if needed, or to chip in as and when required to maintain viability and not take for granted the good nature and commitment of the host(s).

The Sun always shines in Quigleydom. We were treated to unbelievably warm, Summer-like conditions at this October Bash.
    Absolutely Tone, nothing but uttermost respect and admiration for the hard work and dedication it must take to organise one of these bashes and I do understand folk travel wide and far to attend.

Ironically both venues literally on my own door step and as you know it did take sometime for me to finally attend being dragged kicking and screaming whilst captured by yours truly

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    Unfortunately Tone.

I have absolutely no plans to resurrect Quigley Hollow in the foreseeable future, I'd have to be well and truly stable for a good while before I could even contemplate hosting anything.

All the best Mick
    Ah shucks that’s awful Mick

Although a huge source of sadness and disappointment for the wonderful Boingerati peeps, this must be so devastating for you and the family, Mick; especially the not being able to see the light at the end of the tunnel and the end of this awful, debilitating condition..

You take good care of yourself, Maestro. And one of us WILL be kidnapping you for a day at Quigley Bottom.
    Absolutely Tone,

Your pretty good at this kidnapping lark

Quote Originally Posted by oldskoolzzz View Post
    Absolutely Tone, nothing but uttermost respect and admiration for the hard work and dedication it must take to organise one of these bashes and I do understand folk travel wide and far to attend.

Ironically both venues literally on my own door step and as you know it did take sometime for me to finally attend being dragged kicking and screaming whilst captured by yours truly

Your pretty good at this kidnapping lark
    Yep, the reasoning behind the chaps that travel those huge distances is mainly to do with time and expense, Nick, making it a pretty big commitment......booking time off work, appeasing loved ones, travel and accommodation expenses etc....just goes to show how good the Bash events are and how much they're loved when you consider how many make the commitment.

Guessing Quigley Bottom might be even closer for you?

We'll try and get our Mick there. If he's reluctant / thinks he may not be able to handle it, one of us will have to turn up at his in Clouseau-esque disguise mode and nick him away for the day.. Sshhhh, though, don't want him to rumble us.

We'll try and get our Mick there. If he's reluctant / thinks he may not be able to handle it, one of us will have to turn up at his in Clouseau-esque disguise mode and nick him away for the day.. Sshhhh, though, don't want him to rumble us.
    Mums the word

We could always tell him a chap needs his 100litre 10000hp oil burning tractor test driving

We'll think of something, Nick.

Quote Originally Posted by GrandadG View Post

A gentle nudge up with colour.

There's a cheap enough looking little Gamo Magnum in the Sales Section. Would be tempted if I had the space. Should make a nice little project.

Quote Originally Posted by oldskoolzzz View Post
    Mums the word
    It'll also be nice to see that lovely little HW30STL of yours come Bash Time, Nick.

It'll also be nice to see that lovely little HW30STL of yours come Bash Time, Nick.
    Of course Mr L

Feel free to bring the kessy and I’m up for a straight swap if needed

Mmmmm........let me have a think about that one, Nick.....