Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Tasty "NEW" Webley SSP Pistol

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham

Thumbs up

Don't suppose anyone had thier mitts on one long enough to see how much the POI moved between 1/2/3 pumps?

Quote Originally Posted by harvey_s View Post
    Don't suppose anyone had thier mitts on one long enough to see how much the POI moved between 1/2/3 pumps?
    1 or 2 pumps, I did not notice any significant difference shooting offhand, bench rest testing would be needed to confirm any difference. On three pumps there was a small but significant muzzle flip which was masking any noticeable difference for me. I suspect that with enough practice to get used to, and control' the muzzle flip there would be a shift of POI. This would, however, be very predictable once you had established it, as the pistol was very consistent.
    Jef
    AKA Porthos, a Piskateer of Renown.
    I am a pistaholic, and proud of it

Build quality?

Hi all.

Been watching this thread closely the past few weeks as I'm in the market for a quality pistol with a bit of power; already have an HW40.

The features sound great and the looks definitely score with me, but how do you guys who've handled it rate the quality when compared with say... a stalwart like the HW45?

I know they're different in terms of power source, but still.

Anyone think they're different enough to warrant owning both?

Quote Originally Posted by shammo View Post
    Don't have an HW45 to compare directly (my 'conventional' springer is a BSA Magnum) but worth owning both? definitely .
    As you observe they are different types and everyone should have at least one of each shouldn't they ?

Seriously though, they are different animals and shoot differently so well worth owning both. You can also enter two different categories in the UBC 6yd competitions.
    Jef
    AKA Porthos, a Piskateer of Renown.
    I am a pistaholic, and proud of it

Quote Originally Posted by shammo View Post
    Hi all.

Been watching this thread closely the past few weeks as I'm in the market for a quality pistol with a bit of power; already have an HW40.

The features sound great and the looks definitely score with me, but how do you guys who've handled it rate the quality when compared with say... a stalwart like the HW45?

I know they're different in terms of power source, but still.

Cookie should be able to answer this for you.

All I can say is that I do not have the strength to cock an HW45, but can cock the Alecto.
    I am a Lady
    AA S200 Mk3, Walther CP99, Soon to own a Webley Alecto

Cheers, I'll keep an eye out for cookie's response.
    Good point about the ability to increase competition options by having both.
    Just that style, features, and accuracy are clearly very well received, but a view on build quality compared with a benchmark like the HW45 would be interesting.

Snooper601 is offline I likes to polish my trophy
    Just ordered one for the collection

Cheers

John
    Snooper601 Suspect a simple fault, or a simple engineer He who dies with the most toys wins!
    QHAC Official lubricant development engineer.

The shocking thing about the Webley Alecto is.

I'll have one before Cookie

It will be quite a novelty letting him play with something of mine for a change
    I am a Lady

My local dealer is not ordering any

I asked him and he said he's only seen pics, not seen the rep and not ordering any for stock.

Tis a shame as I wanted to have a look at one first before I commited to an order, looks like I will have to search further a field to see one in the flesh first.

Exclamation Alecto

Quote Originally Posted by oldskoolzzz View Post

I asked him and he said he's only seen pics, not seen the rep and not ordering any for stock.

Tis a shame as I wanted to have a look at one first before I commited to an order, looks like I will have to search further a field to see one in the flesh first.
    I was in drapers last week he was expecting some in this week!
    atb...mike...

Quote Originally Posted by mickson View Post
    I was in drapers last week he was expecting some in this week!
    atb...mike...
    Just phoned them, they said there not in the country yet, will be middle to end of next week (hopefuly)

I think Livens in Burton on Trent were planning to get some

Webley said they hoped to have them 3 week in November

atb
    Nigel
    BSA Superten BBK (Blueprinted), BSA Ultra SS Regged, Tanfoglio Witness, Umarex 1911
    and many, many bows and slingshots

Henry Krank's are getting "quite a few" in.

The lady couldn't give me the retail price yet as she said that Webley hadn't confirmed the price to them. I hope Webley aren't using the hype and obvious demand as an opportunity to hike the RRP.
    “We are too much accustomed to attribute to a single cause that which is the product of several, and the majority of our controversies come from that.” - Marcus Aurelius

Just phoned them, they said there not in the country yet, will be middle to end of next week (hopefuly)
    Spoke to Brian at Webley and they are expecting delivery in the next 2 - 3 days.
    I am a Lady

Quote Originally Posted by Adam77K View Post
    Henry Krank's are getting "quite a few" in.

The lady couldn't give me the retail price yet as she said that Webley hadn't confirmed the price to them. I hope Webley aren't using the hype and obvious demand as an opportunity to hike the RRP.
    I doubt it. Solware have got me on pre-order at the RRP of £169.99. And Webleys own website also says £169.99
    I am a Lady