Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Your perfect sporting breakbarrel?

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Fully agree re the trigger, Pete. I find it very usable.

I also completely agree with the comments on the Gamo trigger. To be honest, that little Vipermax was accurate as standard, but was incredibly twangy. When I stripped it to fit the WW kit, I was also very pleasantly surprised with the build quality and finish to the piston and cylinder. But that trigger was really, really, really creepy.

Shame really, as the 25mm bore, long stroke and light piston made for ridiculously easy cocking and very pleasant firing characteristics.
    Yep, the same as my 'cock but luckily my trigger isn't too bad, it's usable but not brilliant.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

HW80k with Webley Silencer, B&C Full Monty tune and brassy bits!!! Retired my original 1986 HW80 with a brand new 80ks in 2008. Shot like a Granny on Speed out of the box so sent straight to Dave. Been an awesome peach of a tool since!!!
    John Darling JD (1946-2004) was my inspiration to be the best i can and enjoy the sport i love. R.I.P
    A dedicated HW80 Fanatic and owner since 1986 to present.

Quote Originally Posted by evert View Post
    Thats been a dream since the first Bash... The missus has some libraries she wants to visit in the UK, so it might be possible to persuade her to take a trip..
    I've had the same dream for years evert, but health issus give me problems. Sure it would be a trip for life.

Per

Hello Per! Good to hear from you, I hope you and your family keep safe!
    Are you able to take some trips out these days?

A while ago, I had the chance to buy one of the new Walther LGV's with plastic stock at a REALLY good price.
    I was working part time at a gunshop to help out the owner/ a good friend, and the thing was just collecting dust, so I was offered to take it home for a try.
    Tried it out for some days, shot a few targets, and really liked the soft recoil and great barrel/lockup.
    But the stock and trigger turned me off, and I returned the rifle.

Now I regret not buying the gun, because few other guns share that soft non-vibrating shotcycle right out of the box at this power level.
    And I'll never get a that good deal on one again. But the stock and trigger turned me off, so now I'm just dreaming up my "perfect breakbarrel sporting springer":

-the barrel and action from the new LGV, with a muzzle weight and no open sights.
    -tx/prosport trigger and rear block
    -supersport stock

Whats YOUR idea of a perfect sporting breakbarrel???
    I already have 4 perfect sporting breakbarrels, but sorry none right out of the box.
    Venom Longbow .22 (Sidewinder compact) by Steve Pope (13.5)
    HW50 .22 by Paul Watts (USA) (11.3)
    HW95 .177 by Paul Watts (13.3)
    HW30 .177 by Paul Watts (6.3)

Per

Hello Per! Good to hear from you, I hope you and your family keep safe!
    Are you able to take some trips out these days?
    Hi Evert, we are all safe here, and yes I am fully able to do some trips out. Would be nice to see some friends again.
    If you and missus are in the neighbourhood you can stop by for a cup of coffee or tea.
    Plenty of land for shooting too .

I haven't tried the new Walthers and Feinwerkbaus, so for me it would have to be:

Sub-12 ft.lbs.: HW 95K with open sights in .177" calibre.

FAC: HW 80K with open sights in .22" calibre.

All the better if they were tuned by Venom Arms / V-Mach.

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    I've had the same dream for years evert, but health issus give me problems. Sure it would be a trip for life.

Per
    I already have 4 perfect sporting breakbarrels, but sorry none right out of the box.

Per
    Hi Per,

Fantastic to see you on.

If your health issues indeed were to allow you to visit us at a Boinger Bash, along with evert, it would truly be fantastic.

In the meantime, if you two were able to get together over in Norway; brilliant.

Some lovely rifles you have there.

All the very best.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Per
    Your springer collection is truly something special, with Pauls work bringing out what is is probably optimal performance from each model!
    The power levels of your HW's correspond quite well with what I have found to be where the different models really do their best, and from seeing your guns, I know Pauls work is second to none!

The Longbow might be closest to my definition of perfect, just right in every aspect: correct size, great barrel lockup, good adjustable trigger, great barrel, good stock design, one piece cocking linkage and close to perfect stroke length...

But the Longbows are hard to find over here!

Hi Evert, we are all safe here, and yes I am fully able to do some trips out. Would be nice to see some friends again.
    If you and missus are in the neighbourhood you can stop by for a cup of coffee or tea.
    Plenty of land for shooting too .
    I'll try to get dad to come along for a visit when they are back from vacation on the west coast

My Theoben Fenman has held zero for ten years and just delivers. It could be improved with an HW Trigger and an Omega's scope improved stock. In walnut with some chequering.
    My other reach for rifle is a FWB Sport and that just needs a HW Trigger.

I have a Steve Pope fully tuned HW95 and its still flighty due to being FWB Sport weight. Plus still doesn't have a scope orientated stock.

Gasram is a superior power plant than a spring. Keep to farmyard ranges then most can be made to deliver; it only goes to pot when more range is tried. Light weight, spring, and long range, with a break barrel will always have one element that lets the team down. But at least they are a true sporting weight and not some brick.

Perfect Sporting Rifle

Webley Longbow - Longstroked.
    Webley Venom HW95 Hornet. 20 cal
    Mastersport FWB.
    Venom HW55T
    All the above are near enough. Mach 1.5

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Hi Per,

Fantastic to see you on.

If your health issues indeed were to allow you to visit us at a Boinger Bash, along with evert, it would truly be fantastic.

In the meantime, if you two were able to get together over in Norway; brilliant.

Some lovely rifles you have there.

All the very best.
    Thank you Tony, the Boinger Bash seems just to be the right place to visit pfor all springgunners whereever you live
    A visit there would be a great memory to put on my airgun CV. Thanks!

Per

I'll try to get dad to come along for a visit when they are back from vacation on the west coast
    Sounds great evert, it's been some time since I saw him last time. We've shared some sms and e-mails since then,
    but sure it would be great to meet him in real too . I'll look forward to it!
    I try to give the whole collection a workout now, but it takes time now in the hot weather. Too hot some days now.
    Have made some new shooting lanes to keep away from the sun. The biggest problem now is, "where's that cat?"
    I never know where he is sleeping or hunting, his life is outdoor the whole summer, visiting just to show up what he's hunted.
    He's an eminent hunter and keep control of rats and mice .

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    Assume we are talking factory items, not Venom Mach1s etc.

FWB Sport with a better stock for scope use, better barrel lock-up, and a better trigger and a safety unit that isn’t prone to malfunction.

Webley got close with the Omega but didn’t quite get it right.

They got closer with the Tomahawk (full power in unrestricted markets, short-stroke at sub-12) and Longbow. The latter benefits from a muzzle weight.

As has been said often, a break-barrel version of the TX200 (Mk1 ideally) would be excellent.
    What happened to the longbow? It was a pretty decent shooter, nice size and weight, good trigger, miss mine

I’m enjoying my 98 atm