Thread: Your perfect sporting breakbarrel?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by evert View Post
    The Sport has a weak lockup...
    These days I'm leaning towards tightened up Mk3/4 meteors with carbine length barrels
    But a short stroke HW95 seems to be quite close to perfect too... just too bad they didn't put a proper cocking arm on the HW99.

I still have some dream projects that may or may not get done some day:
    -Proper short stroke HW95 piston (not a nose extension)
    -Long stroke HW50 piston like Mick did
    -25mm rotating piston in a BSA Supesport
    I think the HW95/98 platform is your ideal starting place, ticking many of your boxes. If you aren't able to do the longer rod yourself, I'd say NickG or Shaun at ISP through our Craig would be your people.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    I think the HW95/98 platform is your ideal starting place, ticking many of your boxes. If you aren't able to do the longer rod yourself, I'd say NickG or Shaun at ISP through our Craig would be your people.
    I could be very wide of the mark here, mate - but isn't the rod in a 95 nigh on impossible to remove?
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation

The FWB looks good, but its the stock that does it.
    Similar stock on a 95, lightning etc. and they will all look good.
    My Taunus looked as good as that FWB!
    VAYA CON DIOS

Quote Originally Posted by Craig-P View Post
    I could be very wide of the mark here, mate - but isn't the rod in a 95 nigh on impossible to remove?
    I'd be most surprised if you were wide of any mark given your depth of knowledge, Craigy.

Was just hoping it'd be more easily do-able.

Never mind, thar would open the door to a bespoke piston, then.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig-P View Post
    Yes wide Craig, the cross pin is in a blind hole, correct that and knock the pin out, the latch rod can then be punched out, if you then make the new one from 10 mm diameter silver steel, the piston can be reamed to take the new rod , drilled reamed and cross pinned back in . The new rod has to be sized for the trigger block hole or vica versa Not as easy as a tx .

Quote Originally Posted by NickG View Post
    Yes wide Craig, the cross pin is in a blind hole, correct that and knock the pin out, the latch rod can then be punched out, if you then make the new one from 10 mm diameter silver steel, the piston can be reamed to take the new rod , drilled reamed and cross pinned back in . The new rod has to be sized for the trigger block hole or vica versa Not as easy as a tx .
    Thank you, mate. I knew I'd heard something about it not being quite straightforward.
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation

Yes, brilliant information, Nick; thank you.

Beyond the remit of most of us lowly tinkerers, but entirely do-able for the likes of you airgun engineering Demi-Gods such as your good self, Jon, Mick, Jim and a few others........

Might help facilitate a certain little project, Craigy?

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Oh its just lack of motivation and lazyness. Too many airguns not enough time...
    Too many airguns!

Quote Originally Posted by evert View Post
    Oh its just lack of motivation and lazyness. Too many airguns not enough time...
    I have the laziness too!

Plenty of airguns, also. My main obstacles are the lack of time, justifying the spend and a less than supportive other half!