Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Public survey in to licencing

Public survey in to licencing

I know there's already a thread in FAC but this is a public survey so the more people who support guns & shooting the better.
    Please take the time whatever your views may be.

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/5J7PV2K

I'll just add that it's a very general & ill thought out Y/N survey with no opportunity for detailed answers
    Last edited by angrybear; 30-09-2021 at 11:06 AM.

NewPaul is online now Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    All done.
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. Crosman Ratcher 2250XL .22 AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    All done.
    All done

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    I know there's already a thread in FAC but this is a public survey so the more people who support guns & shooting the better.
    Please take the time whatever your views may be.

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/5J7PV2K

I'll just add that it's a very general & ill thought out Y/N survey with no opportunity for detailed answers
    No. Thats a deliberste ploy so that detailed answers or question format cannot be challenged
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill

All done

aye all done

Done.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" -- Benjamin Franklin

Full of leading questions but done.

As above but done.
    THE BRAIN CANNOT ASSIMILATE WHAT THE POSTERIA CANNOT TOLERATE

All done yes to most, but one question should be in their should all airguns be licensed.

Dave

Why would anyone want to ask that? It would trash the airgun industry and make everything really expensive. You have only got to see the impact of cutting down on internet sales on prices to see where it would go.

Just be interesting to see result percentages etc

Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by DM80 View Post
    All done yes to most, but one question should be in their should all airguns be licensed.

Dave
    I always find this an odd one. How would licensing actually be helpful, for air rifles are already given a low power rating to make then useful but not particularly dangerous when compared to a firearm?
    In truth BB, air-soft, have been erroneously given more restrictions because of their "replica" look, and to stop the Police shooting another person holding a replica looking firearm. Bad people can just spray the replica black so its not a deterrent.

Scotland has a licensing system for air rifles, which has cost plenty and a continued cost. Has it made any difference to air rifle use abuse in Scotland? Is it just another barrier to shooting sports?
    To me the legislation just smacked of "Trainspotter Politics", and anti shooting. In a place where they need more recreational Stalkers to keep Red Deer populations under control, and air rifle shooting plays an important part as an educational tool to have competent shots. Or just as a self improvement sport.

Firearm ownership is all about personal responsibility. Air Rifles play an important role in the education progression and just a useful aid in learning gun responsibility. That is why those anti gun like attacking air rifles, air soft, and denying those tools to gun responsibility and competence.
    To me it is important that part of society are gun competent, be it for security, defence, or wildlife management. Air Rifles make an important youth training aid; for grown ups too.

All this when large parts of society have no issue with playing violent computer games for entertainment. A multi billion pound media business. But this is not reality as no personal responsibility is required. Society has to know the difference between fantasy and reality. But the anti gun brigade wish to deny society the very safe and sensible educational tools that can teach gun reality, and gun responsibility.

Legislation rarely removes society problems. The Hand Gun ban made no measurable difference to hand gun use by criminals. Just denied society a great sport.
    Interestingly the Military now issue more handguns to their personnel than ever before.

I'm not against licensing for firearms, for they provide some safeguards. But I see no benefit for licensing air rifles, as the risks don't warrant the resources that would be required to give any measurable benefit. Air-solft went too far, to save face for the Police.
    Bad people will find other things to use for their bad ways. Knife crime proves they will find something if they so wish.

Big subject.

For all my above, thats just general discussion.

This survey, seems to me fishing for reason for a higher level of mental health check from GPs. And shooters to pay for it.
    When should the State demand GP's to flag up mental health issues? Do GPs police for driving; for being a teacher; for being a Policeman? Where should patient partiality somehow be State property?
    Its a dangerous road to tread.
    The Firearm Licensing system places enough demands with the GP part as it is.

Perfectly "sane" people can "turn" on the oddest and most random of reasons. Youth suicide shows that there is only so much that can be done, and eventually it comes down to the individual. For that individual to recognise they need help and then go and look for it. Many failures are after help was sort but not found. Licensing isn't much help, just a use of resources that could often be better spent where it really matters. It has very limited use.
    I don't think being grassed up by their GP, and possibly losing their sport, is very inducive for people to be open about how happy and relaxed they are, or admit how much stress they are under. Most people have a chapter in their lives that isn't easy, but they don't all go silly.
    Again, it all comes down to personal responsibility: to yourself and to society. I find shooting shorts are excellent in instilling that necessary self discipline and awareness. Most shooting sports are very sociable and very responsible. Air gun shooting an excellent stress reliever being a lot of fun. More people should be encouraged to take it up; and not more barriers put in their way.