Thread: Venom Lazaglide System

Venom Lazaglide System

I've been asked a few times when this was introduced. Jan 1988 was first advertised to shooters.
    A complete conversion for your HW77.New parts-
    Compression tube, piston & piston head, guide tubes plus hand finishing of body tube, cocking lever and trigger block.
    The Lazaglide features -
    Leak tested nickel plated compression tube and high tech alloy piston both with synthetic bearings to ensure no metal to metal contact.
    A complete conversion on your 77 carried out at the venom workshop was £98.00 in Jan 1988. By April of that year the system was available for the HW80, 85, Diana 52 and the Webley Eclipse.
    Mach 1.5
    Last edited by Mach 1.5; 21-10-2021 at 06:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mach 1.5 View Post
    I've been asked a few times when this was introduced. Jan 1988 was first advertised to shooters.
    Compression tube, piston & piston head, guide tubes plus hand finishing of body tube, cocking lever and trigger block.
    The Lazaglide features -
    Leak tested nickel plated compression tube and high tech alloy piston both with synthetic bearings to ensure no metal to metal contact.
    A complete conversion on your 77 carried out at the venom workshop was £98.00 in Jan 1988. By April of that year the system was available for the HW80, 85, Diana 52 and the Webley Eclipse.
    Mach 1.5
    I’m sure the nickel plated comp tube and alloy piston conversion was labelled, ‘ultraglide’.
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation

Lazaglide system

Yep Craig the Ultraglide was used in the TX's. In Jan 88 the tune was called Lazaglide. Trying to date when the Ultraglide name was used. It seems also venom started using the green piston seals of 1988 also. Mach 1.5

Excellent information; thanks Paul.

I think it was 1990 when my '80 Predator received the Lazaglide treatment at Cradley Heath.

Happy, happy days and so many special memories from back then. I relished every visit.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Love the Lazaglides. Got 3 lazaglided Tomahawks here.
    But only real ones imo are the one's done at Venom. Not the diy kits that were sold later.
    ATB,
    yana

Did Venom ever use square section springs in their HW80 Lazerglides?

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Yep Craig the Ultraglide was used in the TX's. In Jan 88 the tune was called Lazaglide. Trying to date when the Ultraglide name was used. It seems also venom started using the green piston seals of 1988 also. Mach 1.5
    Hi Paul
    Guess my recent questions may have had something to do with the original post.

If the green seals were used from 1988, during what period, did they use the earlier seals ?
    Thanks
    B.A.S.C. member

A few years ago I was lucky enough to come across one in the rack of my local gun shop. It was a 177 77 in average condition but what caught my eye was the blued compression tube, muzzle weight and cocking aid plus the sticker, though illegible, was still on the cylinder. I purchased it for a bit more than I would of paid if it was a std 77 and got it home. At this point I didn't know it was a laser glide, jut knew it was a venom. Anyway, I put a thread up in the collectors section asking for help identifying what the sticker said and the answer came back as laserglide, happy bunny! It needed a re-blue so i stripped it and sent it off to Colin Molloy who did his usual great job. Since then its sat on my shelf waiting for reassembly!
    Plinkerer and Tinkerer

The Lazaglide features -
    Mach 1.5
    Hi Paul
    You say the lazaglide pistons are alloy. Would you know the weight of one of these? Think I sent you a pic of mine showing the weight, and I'd doubt its alloy.
    Are you able to show a pic, or describe the early guides?
    B.A.S.C. member

Quote Originally Posted by robs5230 View Post
    Hi Paul
    You say the lazaglide pistons are alloy. Would you know the weight of one of these? Think I sent you a pic of mine showing the weight, and I'd doubt its alloy.
    Are you able to show a pic, or describe the early guides?
    Not all Lazaglide pistons were alloy. It was a different tune, called Ultraglide.
    I picked up a Venom HW77 a good few years back, the comp tube looked different - not just in the way that it wasn’t blued but the cocking slot hole looked different to the one on my blued steel Lazaglide comp tube.
    I called Steve and sent him a few photographs and met him at DAI. He informed me it was an ultraglide tune, featuring a bespoke nickel comp tube and alloy piston - entirely different to the blued steel Lazaglide tune.
    Accordingly, not many were done in the 77 as the team wasn’t happy with the increased cocking effort and some had been breaking springs (they used a different spring to one used in the Lazaglide so as to make power from the lighter piston). This issue hadn’t been as prevalent in the TX, which the venom team also offered with an alloy piston, as Mach 1.5 says.
    I still have the photographs on my other Mac, I’ll try and dig them out.
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    The original TX200 ultraglide alli piston was too light, and didn't shoot great. Steel rod, nose and body all ali.
    the later version of the alutraglide had a steel nose and ali body, landing it nearer 200g and shot very nicely.
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

The Lazaglide features -
    Mach 1.5
    Excellent stuff Paul,

Very interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Excellent information; thanks Paul.

I think it was 1990 when my '80 Predator received the Lazaglide treatment at Cradley Heath.

Happy, happy days and so many special memories from back then. I relished every visit.
    Your predator Tone is still the best springer I’ve ever shot to date.

Although it was only a brief session it’s firmly planted in the memory bank and felt so so special