Page 44 of 51 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 ... LastLast

Thread: Autumn Bash, 9th and 10th Oct - Event and Payment Details

Mmmm......unlike you, Nick, springers are my big love. If the day ever came then yes, I'd rather use PCPs or CO2 as opposed to nothing, but before that day ever came I will have certainly worked on reducing the cocking effort on the springers I wanted to use..

Re the 400, I've only had brief, flirting experiences with rifles belonging to other people at Bash events. All very nice and the rifle certainly seems to enjoy a loyal and healthy fan base.

My other "dark horse" nominations would be any of the 25mm Gamos with the steel breech. I was impressed with the internal finish of the Vipermax I owned and, once de-twanged, the firing cycle was very refined. Ultra low cocking effort, too. Only the trigger lets them down, but you can get used to it.

The other thing to try and hunt down, if possible, might be a CZ Slavia 634.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Re the 400, I've only had brief, flirting experiences with rifles belonging to other people at Bash events. All very nice and the rifle certainly seems to enjoy a loyal and healthy fan base.

My other "dark horse" nominations would be any of the 25mm Gamos with the steel breech. I was impressed with the internal finish of the Vipermax I owned and, once de-twanged, the firing cycle was very refined. Ultra low cocking effort, too. Only the trigger lets them down, but you can get used to it.

The other thing to try and hunt down, if possible, might be a CZ Slavia 634.
    Good shout Tone some others to consider

Out of interest what’s the trigger on the 634 like?

Quote Originally Posted by oldskoolzzz View Post
    Good shout Tone some others to consider

Out of interest what’s the trigger on the 634 like?
    And another one, Nick, that has intrigued with short range use in mind.....the Turkish built Webley Cub. I have zero first hand experience, but they look to be a nice, solidly made little thing. NM at Sheffield are currently doing them for £80 including a bundled-in 4x32 scope! If the pennies allowed I'd be trying one!

634 trigger - once adjusted, absolutely fine. A tiny bit of creep but totally predictable and not too heavy. Most definitely usable. The rifle itself was extremely twangy. I gave the piston, spring and end cap to Monsieur Tinners and the resulting guide set totally transformed the manners. Many Bash attendees have tried it and like.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    And another one, Nick, that has intrigued with short range use in mind.....the Turkish built Webley Cub. I have zero first hand experience, but they look to be a nice, solidly made little thing. NM at Sheffield are currently doing them for £80 including a bundled-in 4x32 scope! If the pennies allowed I'd be trying one!

634 trigger - once adjusted, absolutely fine. A tiny bit of creep but totally predictable and not too heavy. Most definitely usable. The rifle itself was extremely twangy. I gave the piston, spring and end cap to Monsieur Tinners and the resulting guide set totally transformed the manners. Many Bash attendees have tried it and like.
    Cheers Tone,

Although I’ve owned many rifles there’s still so many that I’m yet to scratch the surface with

It’s far too easy for one to stick with what one knows even if that is x47 HW99S

It’s about time Herman pulled his finger out and moved on to some Mk2 models

Cough Mk2 HW99KLS please mr Herman

Or AA stop messing about rehashing pcps and do that proper U.K. spec break barrel…….

flyingfish is offline I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    Sorry to hear you are having problems Tony
    May I humbly suggest considering a mk1 Superstar if necessary.
    The cocking lever is about 10 feet long giving great mechanical advantage
    Pete

Just read a report of a squirrel biting 18 people in 2 days
    The little buggers are fighting back!!
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by flyingfish View Post
    Just read a report of a squirrel biting 18 people in 2 days
    The little buggers are fighting back!!
    I don't hunt these days. But if this sort of behaviour became the norm, it'd provide just the right kind of motivation!

Sorry to hear you are having problems Tony
    May I humbly suggest considering a mk1 Superstar if necessary.
    The cocking lever is about 10 feet long giving great mechanical advantage
    Ah, cheers for that, Pete.. I don't dislike the Superstar at all, Pete. I've been quite impressed with the ones I've tried at Bashes. But I do also have quite a decent selection of nice, easy cocking, full power springers, like full length HW77.. The trickiest would be my TXHC. Be nice to get it resolved, though, as even many everyday, mundane tasks cause issues. You just learn to do some things differently and avoid others altogether if possible. But fingers crossed that the docs etc get it sorted; they will. Y'know, the best treatment I ever had for this sort of thing was traditional Chinese acupuncture back in 2014, so I know there'll always be a way of sorting one way or another.

Yes I has acupuncture before . Works brilliantly for pain relief for me.
    After the new knee and when this virus has eased a bit I will be pestering the doctors myself
    Had a referral for physio for my back and shoulders and cartilage in my "good " knee in January 20. Somehow the NHS seem to have been busy since then.
    Oh and to keep the theme going it was Triumph Tiger Cub v drunken driver that is behind my problems
    Pete

Yes I has acupuncture before . Works brilliantly for pain relief for me.
    After the new knee and when this virus has eased a bit I will be pestering the doctors myself
    Had a referral for physio for my back and shoulders and cartilage in my "good " knee in January 20. Somehow the NHS seem to have been busy since then.
    Oh and to keep the theme going it was Triumph Tiger Cub v drunken driver that is behind my problems
    Yep, in those motorcycle vs car escapades, we always come off worse, Pete.. Sorry to hear of your woes too, my friend, and I hope you get the treatment you need soon to correct things. Good fun, this getting older lark, in'it?

Quote Originally Posted by GrandadG View Post

BOING!

Late present

I did find an M4 at Solware.
    Late Christmas or early birthday present maybe.

99 didn't materialise this time.
    Repariere nicht, was nicht kaputtist.

Well done that man.

That's where I got my HW45 from.. They hold good stocks, do competitive prices and you get to deal with that lovely chap, Bill, a fellow Boingerista.

Have you collected the M4 yet, Neil, or is it waiting at Solware for you?

How are we all keeping, Boingypeeps?