Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New recoiless break barrel gas piston airgun

Quote Originally Posted by cooper_dan View Post
    Unfortunately (IMO) the break barrel market currently seems focused on the lowest possible price and most tactical looking. I guess that's where the business case is.
    Personally I think people would happily pay more money for classic styling, walnut stocks and percieved quality build (wood and metal, limited plastic).

The ZRS could fill this role if that's a route Norica ever wanted to take
    Fully agree, the slot in the market that used to be filled by Venom, Whiscombe, Park, the TX SR (kind of) is sorely missing…

Luckily I’ve expressed my interest in a great looking recoilless break barrel that’s currently in development

I reckon you could get rid of the pistol grip and whole butt end, but would need to keep the big cylinder thingy with the writing on.
    The action slides inside this tube on delrin rings and against a spring at the back.
    Bit like a certain B2 that someone made....
    Yea that was pretty much my thoughts mate, a bit like a Steyr LG110, would need the chassis but at the very least you could sit it “on” some nice woodwork.
    Slightly obsessed with Single Stroke Pneumatics
    Also making stocks over at Daviesbuilt gunstocks.

In this design, there is not spring at back. It is not necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by kijoseki View Post
    HI again! Thank you for your interest in the airgun.
    I am trying to answer so many questions:
    1.- Black mask is because of covid era. I'm agree that publicist likes black color too much.
    2.- Trigger is the 745 from Norica. Nor gamo or cometa or other makers are realted to this one. It is fully adjustable and can be easily tuned, simply taking off the internal spring that is allocated inside the spring that controls pulling force. (in order to prevent accidents qith people that like too much lightness)
    3.- We began with our stocks for TX200 for FT. After that, we tried to agree with Cometa, but we failed. After that, we signed a previous agreement with Crosman, but COVID arrives to destroy all chances. And after that, we got this agreement with NORICA. Too many months for meetings, emails...and after that, many months for the design and testing several prototypes, to launch the better airgun Norica has made in decades.
    4.- Although I know there are people who don´t like synthetic stocks, believe me, that, this "weird" stock is one of the most ergonomic stocks ever made in serial airguns: for example, the grip is a replica of our walnut grip that went to FTWC'19. All the measures have been carefully thought to a shooter can fit "in", in a natural way. Give it a chance to test it in the shop. And touch it: the black anodized aluminum cylinder gives you extreme pleasure ( and the stock has a very good grip feeling. The balance is perfect: all the weight is centered on your hand below handguard.
    5.- Of course, we have more plans to make more variants in wood and for competition, but we have to succeed before with this all-purpose airgun. Do not wait for new variants before 2 or 3 years...if we succeed.
    6.- We can make iron sights, walnut stocks, fit Lothar Walther barrels....but remember: this airgun is 100& made in Spain, in Europe: Are you ready to pay fo those aspects in something new like this? We have chosen to low as possible the final price, with open sights ( plastic+glass fiber made with optic fiber but with a very good system for adjusting..click&clck&click...).
    7.- Accuracy: better than you would bet. These are two of many targets made by a non-professional shooter, at 27 yards, x9 magnify, bench rest position, closed gallery, 14ft-lbs ( seal had many shots on. Gasram is a 18ft-lbs) JSB exact pellets in a very cold, cold day.

8.- We have tested several prototypes: more than 8.000 shots. One of them made more than 5000 shots without any sign of wearing. Those targets above were done with it.
    9.- As we have signed this agreement with Norica, we can not produce kits anymore, while the contract is on.
    It all sounds incredibly interesting, and I’ll be picking on up regardless, when is it scheduled for release to the U.K.?

I don´t know when you can find them in the shop. I guess depends on the UK importer. Production is ready to start.

@kijoseki, I wish you the best of luck with this project. I think you have been very unlucky with the global economy/COVID etc. Hopefully the partnership with Norica will be strong enough to tough it out and get this rifle released. For me this is a much better concept than the multi shot break barrels for example.
    I personally enjoy concentrating on a single shot at a time and everything that goes with it.

I am also designing a recoilless break barrel so hopefully in the future we may be competitors. There will be room in the market for both of us I'm sure

Quote Originally Posted by tomdavies9 View Post
    Well I think I’ll be grabbing one and seeing if I can’t sort something out stock wise hopefully the synthetic stock is not intrinsically linked to the action.
    Looking forward to see what you find!
    Too many airguns!

Quote Originally Posted by tomdavies9 View Post
    Fully agree, the slot in the market that used to be filled by Venom, Whiscombe, Park, the TX SR (kind of) is sorely missing…

Luckily I’ve expressed my interest in a great looking recoilless break barrel that’s currently in development

Yea that was pretty much my thoughts mate, a bit like a Steyr LG110, would need the chassis but at the very least you could sit it “on” some nice woodwork.
    Got some quotes in today for the main tube and breech jaws, getting closer every day. Design is frozen just need to sort out some money and get some orders in.
    Won't derail this thread though so that's all I'll say for now

Sorry I though I saw a spring mentioned on another forum

Got some quotes in today for the main tube and breech jaws, getting closer every day. Design is frozen just need to sort out some money and get some orders in.
    Won't derail this thread though so that's all I'll say for now
    Yep not my intention either, but glad it’s going well, must catch up soon!

@Kijoseki , I agree with Dan, been a tough couple of years but best of luck, will be great to see this rifle come out!

Thank you all for your wishes.
    Dan: good luck!! It would be a beautiful dream to compete, not between you and me, else between recoiless vs classic kickers!!
    Our stock is divided in two parts: habdguard&grip and buttstock. All attached by 6 allen screws.
    About your recoiless airgun: can you talk anything about it? I would loke to l know.
    Ahh the buttstock has not rubber cause it is no necessary: no dumping and the weight and form deives the airgun to your shoulder. As I told you before, ergonomic has been worked hard. Grip is designed by a pistol champion, that makes all the wood parts for Anschtuz. No possible better presentation card.
    Waiting for your comments,

Regards!

I quite like it. It's like the Anschutz 10M springers in the working bits sliding back inside the stock.
    I like the fact it's the first real innovation in mass market springers for years, possibly decades.
    I'd prefer a fixed barrel. Sidelever would be a nice change.

The synthetic stock isn't too bad, gives plenty of scope for aftermarket or 3d printed add-on bits like cheekpieces and hamsters. But I do wish they had had extended the forend a couple of inches to cover the cocking linkage, and profiled it a bit rather than that square cut-off look.

I do wonder about the potential for wear or slop in the sliding action. As the scope is not fixed to the sliding bits, this could harm long term accuracy.

That's good. With a return spring it would transfer a little bit of recoil back to the shooter; just the reaction from pushing the action forwards again. Yes it would only be felt after the pellet had gone but still might hamper follow-through a little. I presume it resets forwards on on cocking then.
    “We are too much accustomed to attribute to a single cause that which is the product of several, and the majority of our controversies come from that.” - Marcus Aurelius

Thank you all for your wishes.
    Dan: good luck!! It would be a beautiful dream to compete, not between you and me, else between recoiless vs classic kickers!!
    Our stock is divided in two parts: habdguard&grip and buttstock. All attached by 6 allen screws.
    About your recoiless airgun: can you talk anything about it? I would loke to l know.
    Ahh the buttstock has not rubber cause it is no necessary: no dumping and the weight and form deives the airgun to your shoulder. As I told you before, ergonomic has been worked hard. Grip is designed by a pistol champion, that makes all the wood parts for Anschtuz. No possible better presentation card.
    Waiting for your comments,

Regards!
    Mine is using gears and a second piston, a bit like the Diana GISS system. I guess yours is a bit like the anshutz 380 in comparison.
    I
    Mine is still early in the prototype stage, probably a couple of years behind you!

Quote Originally Posted by Adam77K View Post
    I quite like it. It's like the Anschutz 10M springers in the working bits sliding back inside the stock.
    I like the fact it's the first real innovation in mass market springers for years, possibly decades.
    I'd prefer a fixed barrel. Sidelever would be a nice change.

The synthetic stock isn't too bad, gives plenty of scope for aftermarket or 3d printed add-on bits like cheekpieces and hamsters. But I do wish they had had extended the forend a couple of inches to cover the cocking linkage, and profiled it a bit rather than that square cut-off look.

I do wonder about the potential for wear or slop in the sliding action. As the scope is not fixed to the sliding bits, this could harm long term accuracy.

That's good. With a return spring it would transfer a little bit of recoil back to the shooter; just the reaction from pushing the action forwards again. Yes it would only be felt after the pellet had gone but still might hamper follow-through a little. I presume it resets forwards on on cocking then.
    Thanks for your comments Adam. Do not worry about weariness in the internal parts: rongs are self lubricant. Tolerances are less than 0,1mm. The above targets were done with a peototpe with more than 5.000shots. No wear parts have been detected. About the aesthetic: if you do longer cilynder, center of gravity goes to the front and besides airgun looks too long. Is you cut in slope, you add more cost… We have to find a compromise between aesthetic, functionality and cost. I dont know if we got it, market will say that.

Mine is using gears and a second piston, a bit like the Diana GISS system. I guess yours is a bit like the anshutz 380 in comparison.
    I
    Mine is still early in the prototype stage, probably a couple of years behind you!
    Good luck with your project. I see we have targeted different markets: probably yours is a higher level of price due to all that internal parts.
    It is a hard way to launch some stuff to the market. Keep calm and keep pushing even hardest times arrives.
    Best wishes!