Page 9 of 51 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Autumn Bash, 9th and 10th Oct - Event and Payment Details

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    27 to go, peeps.

She's nipping out to the car boot sale shortly (first time in a long, long time)...better take full advantage and have a little boingery fun down the garden.

BOING!
    Just don't let her catch you AT IT, when she gets back
    LOOKING FOR A BSA ULTRA IN .177 and .25

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpetier View Post
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Quote Originally Posted by flyingfish View Post
    Enjoy Tony
    I was given a new target yesterday which may see some use this afternoon
    Cheers Pete.. What's this new target of yours about, then? Did you give it a go?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpetier View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    Haha!

I actually managed TWO plays.........First session in the morning. It went okay. Not sure why, but I thought I'd give the Mercury S an outing. I really can't feel any love for this gun.....with its long barrel and heavy shroud, it's really front heavy. And, although I adjusted the trigger previously, it seems far too heavy on occasion. On some shots not as bad, others heavier. It seems lots worse than I remember my old Mercury and Challenger to be. Maybe years of being spoiled with so many Rekords and CDs has a bearing? If I loved the gun and felt committed to keeping it and improving, I'd be having a play with that trigger, but I'm currently debating with myself over whether to let it go and replacing.

And then, after watching the MotoGP, my wife had to go out again to help a friend in need, so play #2 beckoned.......I got the little Brummy Tempest out and had a most enjoyable couple of hours. Sights adjusted and a little oiling mid-session (fnar, fnar!) and the little thing's shooting very sweetly and accurately. Love this little thing. The grips just seem to fit so "right" in my hand and the pulse on firing so charismatic.

You coming for a play, Pauly?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by GrandadG View Post

26 sleepies to go, peeps.

How are the numbers looking, Neil?

BOING!

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How

You coming for a play, Pauly?
    No, fraid not Tone. I’m pleased you got a couple of plinky sessions in there matey
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

flyingfish is offline I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    It is shaped like a bomb with 3 holes in it and a bell behind each hole. Had a quick go. Mrs is in hospital so need to take my mind off things for a while now and then
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    No, fraid not Tone. I’m pleased you got a couple of plinky sessions in there matey
    Awwww, so sad that we won't be seeing you, Pauly.

It's been far too long.

Quote Originally Posted by flyingfish View Post
    It is shaped like a bomb with 3 holes in it and a bell behind each hole. Had a quick go. Mrs is in hospital so need to take my mind off things for a while now and then
    I do hope that your good lady is better in super-quick time, Pete, and that she's home before you know it.

I do hope that your good lady is better in super-quick time, Pete, and that she's home before you know it.
    Thanks Tony
    Pete

25 sleepies to go, peeps.

BOING!

Oops!.....My finger might have just slipped and I might have inadvertently (:) ordered another couple of tins of FTT and one of those 14cm funnel pellet traps / 100 double sided Bisley targets (bargain, if you ask me) from our sponsor.

You need to be careful Tony. You will be buying chalk targets next if you aren't careful
    Pete

Just don't be pointing me in the right direction for those, Pete......Can't guarantee any meaningful level of self-restraint!

For anyone ready to buy some targets, especially if another pellet trap might come in handy, do take a look at the JSR pellet trap & pellets bundled deals...Hopefully the catcher will be quite sturdy. If not, I'll just use it with my lower powered stuff.

How's Debs doing, Pete?

And just 24 little sleepies to go, peeps.

BOING!