Page 10 of 43 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Spring Bash 20th and 21st May 2023

Quote Originally Posted by Dornfelderliebe View Post
    I say Boingerati, When you camp you must cook breakfasts. Do the beans taste much better in the Leicestershire fresh air?
    I'd say anything and everything tastes better at a Boinger Bash, sir.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by flyingfish View Post
    See if you can get treatment for that while they are sorting your wrist
    Tried to get treatment for it many years ago, Pete, but they wrote me off as having "Boingeratus unfixabis" and said there was no cure......looks like I'm certainly not alone in suffering from this chronic condition.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by baldinio View Post
    I reckon Tony is a hopeless case when it comes to hw35 itus. There’s no curing him
    Absolutely; as above.

Quote Originally Posted by Willenium View Post

And The Sleepometer says, "63 to go", peeps.

BOING!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Tried to get treatment for it many years ago, Pete, but they wrote me off as having "Boingeratus unfixabis" and said there was no cure......looks like I'm certainly not alone in suffering from this chronic condition.
    There’s no cure for Weihrauchitis either, - it has been well chronicled that once one obtains a HW35, especially the elegant Export model with a 22” barrel, then collecting Herman’s wonderful boingers becomes an obsession

BOING
    ATB, Paul
    Always looking for new members at the Swalecliffe and District TSC in sunny Herne Bay
    http://www.sanddtsc.org.uk/

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul SE View Post
    There’s no cure for Weihrauchitis either, - it has been well chronicled that once one obtains a HW35, especially the elegant Export model with a 22” barrel, then collecting Herman’s wonderful boingers becomes an obsession

BOING
    Glad I bought a Walther then
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    Glad I bought a Walther then:
    Slippery slope mate

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by baldinio View Post
    Slippery slope mate
    Not really Chris, it's still in bits awaiting further attention but other things have got in the way, if I'm honest mate, I don't have the same enthusiasm towards the Walther than I have had with the Viscount and BSAs recently, I do want to try and get the Walthers metalwork polished up soon but I have to find my polishing gear out the garage which is still packed away from when I moved up here, I also have to rely on nice weather as there is no room in the garage from all my stuff, it's a viscous circle and although I could get Nick to do the metalwork I want to do something to the rifle, so I can say I've done a bit towards it's work.
    Last edited by look no hands; 18-03-2023 at 01:16 PM.
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

flyingfish is offline I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    Good day at the club. I bought some brass punches and with the aid of a hammer fine tuned the front sight on the standard
    Real engineering, hitting things with hammers!
    Pete

I've come up with a way of perforating steel and aluminium cans that might result from consumption of alcoholic beverages over the weekend (in the absence of running water, no other reason)

Should make them easier to then crush and take off site for recycling

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JdI...ew?usp=sharing

Simply line them up and let rip
    TX200 .177 21mm TL | TX200HC .22 22mm TL | Prosport .22 22mm TL
    HW40 | HW45 | Diana Mod5 | Webley Senior....... Because PCP is like kissing your sister (apparently)

Quote Originally Posted by Paul SE View Post

BOING
    Abserbleedinglutely, Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    Not really Chris, it's still in bits awaiting further attention but other things have got in the way, if I'm honest mate, I don't have the same enthusiasm towards the Walther than I have had with the Viscount and BSAs recently, I do want to try and get the Walthers metalwork polished up soon but I have to find my polishing gear out the garage which is still packed away from when I moved up here, I also have to rely on nice weather as there is no room in the garage from all my stuff, it's a viscous circle and although I could get Nick to do the metalwork I want to do something to the rifle, so I can say I've done a bit towards it's work.
    Can understand the motivation behind getting some of that work done yourself, Pete.. I can also understand why you (and very possibly so many more of us) probably display more of a passion for what we might perceive as more characterful English rifles. With many of the German ones it will be the efficiency / accuracy / triggers that tend to win us over. Although many knock them for various reasons, I'd still love a Tracker, one day........

Quote Originally Posted by flyingfish View Post
    Good day at the club. I bought some brass punches and with the aid of a hammer fine tuned the front sight on the standard
    Real engineering, hitting things with hammers!
    Excellent. Sounds like fun.. Shooting to point of aim now?

Quote Originally Posted by clipper View Post
    I've come up with a way of perforating steel and aluminium cans that might result from consumption of alcoholic beverages over the weekend (in the absence of running water, no other reason)

Should make them easier to then crush and take off site for recycling

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JdI...ew?usp=sharing

Simply line them up and let rip
    Lovely little gathering there, sir.

Will you be bringing a few to The Bash?

Smile Sleepy-o-meter says

Sixty two to go, peeps.

BOING!