Quote Originally Posted by DEAN C. View Post
Here we go again......177 does not produce a tighter group than a .22 at a known distance, but it is the most accurate due to errors with range, and the need to be so much more accurate in range estimation. Just look at the scores put in by people like Tench in both calibres. It is impossible to get quite as high a score in real conditions such as HFT comps and hunting with a .22

I used .22 for 25 years until going .177 for everything. .22 is great over 12ft lbs and works better there.
.20, waste of time due to lack of benefit and lack of choice and availability of pellets. Anyone who shoots any competition shooting sports knows that you need a good choice of pellets to make a big difference, in fact all the difference.
Regarding FAC air, I think that they have their uses in a very few specific circumstances, but I am looking at .22 and HMR next time I renew my SGC, and go FAC as well. I need 90 yards rabbits on my land and I dont think .22 FAC air will give me that.

Oh I am going to put up a .22/.177 debate next week just to get everyone going again!!
Wow what's that, Page 2 of the 'Ladybird' beginners guide to becoming a narrow minded tin chicken hunter ?