Thanks alot for the extra input.
richywilk - nice one mate, good for you. if you can remember could you drop me a PM when you get yours back to let me know your feedback on the work done?

bigchap - i'll let you know if i come across anymore for sale. unless its a luxus/deluxe in which case i'll be a selfish bugger.

rocketlauncher - You have given me confidence in the 85 by saying that its the only springer you kept, thats a BIG statement in itself. dont get me wrong, i'm in no doubt about Weihrauch rifles but i am HEAVILY biased to the HW80 so its good to know the 85 is also a great rifle.
i've seen a photograph of the rifle i'm getting and the stock on that rifle too also ends before the screw so it all looks to be original from the pics. (apart from that black trigger)
You have also made my mind up with regard to vmaching my rifle. i'll get it on Steves waiting list so i have time to sell some other rifles off to pay for the work. i am very much looking forward to seeing the pics of your 85.

Topdog - hi David, you too also say that the HW85 is a great smooth shooting rifle. i also have a sidewinder compact so when the 85 is vmached it will be interesting to shoot them side by side for a comparison.