Thread: Spring Gun Tuning

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff0100 View Post
    Just reading through this thread, and really enjoyed it..I was wondering if the lubes used are still relevant? The original post was in 2006, so what are the preferred lubes these days ?
    The original lube scheme was from 1980, so it is a 'traditional' tune - as it says in the sub-title of the first post, for 'tuning the older springer'. It works for leather seal guns, 'O' ring seal guns and parachute-types and will give a smooth, consistent rifle which will become better with use and will not wear out. Dri-Slide will work well with the metal piston rings fitted to Webley Service and Feinwerkbau rifles.

It is a tried and tested tune, there are other probably simpler ways of effecting a tune on modern rifles like the TX etc, and I refer you to Tony's (bigtoe01) threads, or have a look at Jim Maccari's website.

Hot Sauce reel lubricant is the latest thing it seems, but I think Tony said you need to be careful about not mixing it with other lubes. With the internet it is much easier than in the old days to try out lots of different things, so get a rifle that is easy to strip (HW35?) and do some experiments!

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    The original lube scheme was from 1980, so it is a 'traditional' tune - as it says in the sub-title of the first post, for 'tuning the older springer'. It works for leather seal guns, 'O' ring seal guns and parachute-types and will give a smooth, consistent rifle which will become better with use and will not wear out. Dri-Slide will work well with the metal piston rings fitted to Webley Service and Feinwerkbau rifles.

It is a tried and tested tune, there are other probably simpler ways of effecting a tune on modern rifles like the TX etc, and I refer you to Tony's (bigtoe01) threads, or have a look at Jim Maccari's website.

Hot Sauce reel lubricant is the latest thing it seems, but I think Tony said you need to be careful about not mixing it with other lubes. With the internet it is much easier than in the old days to try out lots of different things, so get a rifle that is easy to strip (HW35?) and do some experiments!
    Thanks for that,I'd like to try taking a rifle apart and tuning it so it's a good idea to get an old one.I've looked at a few videos on youtube and the HW's don't look too hard to strip.

Still not sure what lube to put on which bit of the gun though.I'll take your advice and have a look at Bigtoe's blog and the Maccarri site.

thanks
    GOOD DEALS...Here,post 6404

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff0100 View Post
    Thanks for that,I'd like to try taking a rifle apart and tuning it so it's a good idea to get an old one.I've looked at a few videos on youtube and the HW's don't look too hard to strip.

Still not sure what lube to put on which bit of the gun though.I'll take your advice and have a look at Bigtoe's blog and the Maccarri site.

thanks
    You can get all the lubes in the original tune (post #1 in this thread) from the BBS's sponsor...

http://www.jsramsbottom.com/products...-lube-kit.html

Only £7.50, although I would stick to the suggestions in the first post rather than the Ramsbottom protocol!

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    You can get all the lubes in the original tune (post #1 in this thread) from the BBS's sponsor...

http://www.jsramsbottom.com/products...-lube-kit.html

Only £7.50, although I would stick to the suggestions in the first post rather than the Ramsbottom protocol!
    That looks good, decent price too.thanks
    GOOD DEALS...Here,post 6404